Mass reply option in the Inbox (feature under consideration)

# 1  3/25/11 2:18 PM

Moderator This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 43
Australia

Been Naughtiest

We'd like to hear your thoughts on 'Reply to All' option in the Inbox that we are considering to implement.

It would enable you to send out replies to the messages in your Inbox en mass, for example: Reply to all unread flirtcasts, Reply to all unread regular messages, Reply to all unread icebreakers etc. The biggest advantage of the option is that ladies would be able to send out 'No, thanks' or other polite messages to the members they are not interested in. It is supposed to decrease everyone's frustration. Another advantage is that you could reply to flirtcasts or icebreakers telling others politely that you prefer personal messages. 

Please let us know what you think, we really need your comments to design a user-friendly feature. 

Respectfully,

# 2  3/25/11 3:45 PM

Aidy1974 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 40
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Sweet talker

i wouldnt think a reply to all, maybe let us check the ones we wanna send messages to and send em like that, not all mail are flirtcasts or unwelcome..

# 3  3/25/11 6:58 PM

TalentedAngel This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 49
Australia
Adelaide
Casanova

Not another awful change Dave, the sites working good at the moment don't mess it up, plus I hate flirtcasts or icebreakers, why not take them out, everyone I have spoken to about them hate them as well. Add more smilies instead, I love them

# 4  3/25/11 7:05 PM

Ask him for a photo
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask him to upload a photo
Smike144 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 44
United Kingdom
Chester
Casanova

We've already got a select all button, and I just want to use that to send all those flirtcasts straight to the trash

# 5  3/25/11 7:07 PM

aries51 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 56
United Kingdom
Right goer

Why dont you  just get rid of Icebreakers and flirtcasts altogether  ....................  the ladies DONT want to answer them full stop  .    ,and it would make the men maybe read the profiles before sending messages  .  ...............  there  sorted 

# 6  3/28/11 11:05 AM

Moderator This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 43
Australia

Been Naughtiest

Thanks for the replies everyone.

To be honest, we are not planning to get rid of the flirtcasts. Despite the feedback we get here on the forum, the feature is often used by BeNaughty members. Wouldn't it be better to have an option to explain others that you prefer personal approach?

We could add an autoreply designed specifically for flirtcasts/ice-breakers so that you could tell other members: "please view my profile before sending me any messages" or "I prefer getting personal messages because..."  What do you think? 

Another idea that we have is to send autoreplies (preset ones or written by you personally) to those members whose messages get deleted without being read. Ladies might find it useful to explain to the men who contact them that they have too many messages and cannot reply to everyone.

We come up with these ideas because we want to decrease the frustration that comes when men don't get replies to the messages they send out.

Please let us know what you think. Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Respectfully,

# 7  3/28/11 11:41 AM

aries51 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 56
United Kingdom
Right goer

Morning   

Can we not have an option to opt out of them  then  ,mine are automatically binned  without being read  ,especially now they are marked   ...........

# 8  4/1/11 8:35 PM

ex_good_girl This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 35
United Kingdom
Godalming
Naughty newbie

I agree that having mail restictions would be a much better idea and from previous experience on another site, the polite message doesn't work.  A lot of guys don't seem to realize it's a general message and reply to it anyway. They seem to see it as more of a challenge.  If you have an age restiction instead, from a personal opinion, it would probably cut my unwanted mail by at least half.  Is there an option for people to create there own "thanks but no thanks" message.  If not, that might be a bit better than a general one.

# 9  4/1/11 8:53 PM

ex_good_girl This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 35
United Kingdom
Godalming
Naughty newbie

But why would they?

# 10  4/1/11 8:55 PM

Ask her for a photo
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask her to upload a photo
Miss_Lovely1 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 33
United Kingdom
Wakefield
Casanova

I actually don't like this idea. For the most part the unread messages are flirtcasts or icebreakers so you want to create generic autoreplies to them to say we arent interested. ERR are all men thick and cannot work out that no response is a no.

All this is going to do is create more fake messages going to men and creating the impression we are interested. Why cant you just leave it to our discretion whether we reply or not.

If you want more people to reply to flirtcasts/icebreakers why not make them better than the complet utter drivel they are now. For example wouldnt it be better for the title and the body of the email to be about the same thing?

# 11  4/21/11 10:17 AM

Ask him for a photo
Wiiilll7 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 33
United Kingdom
Walsall
Naughty newbie

I need to get a message before I can filter them....

I'm not sure if this will help, but I'm for anything that will encourage the people I make a real effort to send an interesting and funny message to, to actually read them. I understand women get crazy amounts of messages, most of them rubbish, and so it would take someone with a huge amount of patience to go through them all to find one good one. Reduce the trash (flirtcasts etc) and the overall quality should improve. Simples

# 12  4/21/11 10:40 AM

Ask him for a photo
Wiiilll7 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 33
United Kingdom
Walsall
Naughty newbie

namaine wrote:

we do but I think men get the odd rubbish email as well.

http://forum.benaughty.com/worst-chat-u … 42#p537842

you need to make your emails look 'real' and also not an email you cut and paste to the whole world!

I don't do the cut and paste thing, that's just lazy. I could maybe be more creative with my message titles though, good tip thanks!

# 13  4/21/11 11:05 AM

Ask him for a photo
Waywardprinz This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 37
United Kingdom
Reading
Thoroughly indecent

Moderator wrote:

To be honest, we are not planning to get rid of the flirtcasts. Despite the feedback we get here on the forum, the feature is often used by BeNaughty members. Wouldn't it be better to have an option to explain others that you prefer personal approach?

We could add an autoreply designed specifically for flirtcasts/ice-breakers so that you could tell other members: "please view my profile before sending me any messages" or "I prefer getting personal messages because..."  What do you think? 

Another idea that we have is to send autoreplies (preset ones or written by you personally) to those members whose messages get deleted without being read. Ladies might find it useful to explain to the men who contact them that they have too many messages and cannot reply to everyone.

We come up with these ideas because we want to decrease the frustration that comes when men don't get replies to the messages they send out.

Respectfully,

With all due respect, Dave, that's just absurd and you know it.  Please don't treat us as fools.

# 14  1/28/12 6:26 PM

billygoat365 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 43
United Kingdom
Newcastle
Seduction guru

Moderator wrote:

Respectfully,

The flirtcasts are often used you say.  But do they ever lead to anything - I mean a conversation, let alone a meet?
In my experience, I used to wink, because i thought that it was a starting point, but having never even got a LOOK from that, I stopped.  Having join in the forum, I now why now.  The winks, flirtcasts and ice-breakers just block up a lady's inbox so the regular messages get lost.  It's hard enough for a bloke to get attention anyway with the number of regular messages a woman gets without that.
Or maybe my face and subject lines are so bad that the emails don't get read for that reason.

Can you tell us what feedback you've had regarding flirtcasts/icebreakers/winks etc from - as it were - non-forumites since you're ignoring the comments you're asking for?

# 15  4/13/12 11:14 PM

SwissChris This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 61
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
THE CONNOISSEUR

Flirtcasts are a waste of time. full stop.
If a lady (and there are loads on here) doesn't want contact from people who are not in their age range or even gender preference, they should be able to set this up from their profile or contact preferences. There is at least 1 site (free as well) where this can be done. And yes it can be overridden on a 1 off basis, by the PERSON setting the rules.
  It would be better for you to set up that any sent mail could be read by the recipient even if not paid up although they may not be able to answer. After all members have paid to send their messages. I can imagine if you had to **** to receive mail sent through the normal post only to find it was full of junk, you'd soon be moaning.
Rant over.

# 16  4/13/12 11:16 PM

Ask them for a photo VIP
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask them to upload a photo
Dee1970 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Couple (man and woman), 84
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Casanova

Why's Dave put this in Dating Issues?

Dee

# 17  4/13/12 11:22 PM

SwissChris This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 61
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
THE CONNOISSEUR

Dee1970 wrote:

Why's Dave put this in Dating Issues?

Dee

In a way flirtcasts are dating issues. You hate to get them so it puts you off dating the person who sent them. Try the logic on that.

Board footer

18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
scamcheck

BeNaughty ranked #8 among all UK websites
in the Hitwise Lifestyle - Dating industry, based on
market share of visits in January - December 2011.