# 1  3/28/09 5:41 PM

Ask him for a photo
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask him to upload a photo
LUCKYBOY74 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 41
United Kingdom
Evesham
Naughty newbie

I still feel a bit shocked after watching the French film Irreversible.I watched the film on ****,but the low frequency sound played over the first 15 minutes made people walk out of cinemas as not only were the visuals disturbing but the sound induced physical feelings of nausea. I myself have watched many horror films,but this being not a horror but a tragic drama is much more horrifying,sickening and grotesque.I cant see  how anyone could enjoy this film,which is a shame as it is a work of art,with its reversed storyline and dizzying camera work.It amazes me how it was shown in cinemas uncut,as it must be one of the most shocking films I've seen

# 2  3/28/09 6:21 PM

Ask him for a photo
ADSR This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 84
United Kingdom

Seduction guru

LUCKYBOY74 wrote:

I still feel a bit shocked after watching the French film Irreversible.I watched the film on ****,but the low frequency sound played over the first 15 minutes made people walk out of cinemas as not only were the visuals disturbing but the sound induced physical feelings of nausea. I myself have watched many horror films,but this being not a horror but a tragic drama is much more horrifying,sickening and grotesque.I cant see  how anyone could enjoy this film,which is a shame as it is a work of art,with its reversed storyline and dizzying camera work.It amazes me how it was shown in cinemas uncut,as it must be one of the most shocking films I've seen

Why is this in arts and literature section? Lol
But it sounds cool & i will have to look out for it... I love horror films

& can i add that the sound causing nausea would be difficult to pull off, so maybe that was only in one or two cinimas, and not a thing that you would always find from watching the film anywhere... just sharing what i know mate.

Peace

# 3  3/29/09 12:35 AM

Ask him for a photo
Man, 41
United Kingdom
Evesham
Naughty newbie

ADSR wrote:

LUCKYBOY74 wrote:

& can i add that the sound causing nausea would be difficult to pull off, so maybe that was only in one or two cinimas, and not a thing that you would always find from watching the film anywhere... just sharing what i know mate.

Peace

Maybe the post could have gone in the TV section,but seeing as it could be classed as arthouse hence why I posted on this section.Look it up on wikipedia,the human ear cant pick up the sound,its at a low 28Mhz frequency,so you feel it rather than hear it.Its not a horror film,its just that its horrifying in its nature.Be warned,don't watch it if you suffer from epilepsy or depression or high on something,its makes you dizzy sometimes with the camera rotating,moving upside down etc.Oh and **** in mind,hence the name of the film,the start of the film is the end of the story and the end of the film is the beginning(a bit like Memento)

# 4  3/29/09 2:13 AM

Ask him for a photo
Man, 84
United Kingdom

Seduction guru

LUCKYBOY74 wrote:

ADSR wrote:

LUCKYBOY74 wrote:

Peace

Maybe the post could have gone in the TV section,but seeing as it could be classed as arthouse hence why I posted on this section.Look it up on wikipedia,the human ear cant pick up the sound,its at a low 28Mhz frequency,so you feel it rather than hear it.Its not a horror film,its just that its horrifying in its nature.Be warned,don't watch it if you suffer from epilepsy or depression or high on something,its makes you dizzy sometimes with the camera rotating,moving upside down etc.Oh and **** in mind,hence the name of the film,the start of the film is the end of the story and the end of the film is the beginning(a bit like Memento)

I have to go bed... Wantonwoman told me lol
But she is right I'm in no state to talk to people, I am to far gone! you might say i've gone **** sideways lol

but in short mate, I know more than wikipeadia about sound since it sound is my life choice (Work!)... the main problem is the speakers wouldn't handle such a low frequency... If you would like to continue this it's fine but i need to sleep, there are a few other reasons why it would only work on occasion but that is to complex for right now!

Ps... 33hz is called the fanny pleaser Allot like the smilley is trying to do lol

night world i love you all ****

* edit... I hear that the sounds in this film are **** amazing though, & i can't wait to watch it, thanks for the information

# 5  4/7/09 1:02 PM

aljay29 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 35
United Kingdom
Guildford
Naughty newbie

LUCKYBOY74 wrote:

I only ever saw the film once, and although I found it quite sad I was not disturbed. Instead I found myself feeling irritation with the camera movements, the reason being that I couldn't actually make out what was really happening in that first scene. I know, but it didn't show the detail enough to engage any emotional reaction.

I have a tendency to get irritated with sensationalized things like art and some films. But in this case I think it was the combination of the dark red colour scheme and the moving camera that did it, not the content or the story. I should really watch it a second time and see if i change my mind.

# 6  4/7/09 1:05 PM

Ask him for a photo
Man, 84
United Kingdom

Seduction guru

aljay29 wrote:

LUCKYBOY74 wrote:

I only ever saw the film once, and although I found it quite sad I was not disturbed. Instead I found myself feeling irritation with the camera movements, the reason being that I couldn't actually make out what was really happening in that first scene. I know, but it didn't show the detail enough to engage any emotional reaction.

I have a tendency to get irritated with sensationalized things like art and some films. But in this case I think it was the combination of the dark red colour scheme and the moving camera that did it, not the content or the story. I should really watch it a second time and see if i change my mind.

I seriously need to see this film.
Is it out yet? Or would I find a **** rip **** if I looked?
Sound

# 7  4/8/09 1:22 PM

Ask him for a photo
Man, 41
United Kingdom
Evesham
Naughty newbie

I discovered it after someone posted a link to the murder scene on another forum.I bought the **** off **** for a few quid,after watching it I gave it to my housemate to watch.He could only watch 10 mins before turning it off,so I think most people would find it disturbing and/or disorrientating.Its not new,I think it came out in either 2002-03.I would post a link to the scene I mentioned,but its gauranteed this post would get deleted.

# 8  4/8/09 1:27 PM

Ask him for a photo
Man, 84
United Kingdom

Seduction guru

LUCKYBOY74 wrote:

I discovered it after someone posted a link to the murder scene on another forum.I bought the **** off **** for a few quid,after watching it I gave it to my housemate to watch.He could only watch 10 mins before turning it off,so I think most people would find it disturbing and/or disorrientating.Its not new,I think it came out in either 2002-03.I would post a link to the scene I mentioned,but its gauranteed this post would get deleted.

Thnaks mate, and I will have a look on amazon in that case, I like to buy instead of download if i can help it.

Ps... Sorry about my reply to you on this page, when i wonke up I read it back and thought I was being a **** hash, so sorry for that.

But I like grotess films more often than not, I mean I hated films like; I spit on your grave, for obvious reasons. But if the camera and sound works are as good as they are meant to be... Then that will keep my interest for ages... since artistic visuals are very brain demanding, and non diegetic sounds are a very much the under valued reason that a film is better than just watchable.

# 9  4/8/09 1:33 PM

Ask him for a photo
Man, 41
United Kingdom
Evesham
Naughty newbie

Thats interesting that you mention I spit on your grave,I have also recently watched a film that gets compared to it called Eden Lake.Thats a nasty film because it reflects some of the stories we hear about,like the one this week with the 10 and 11 year old brothers torturing those 2 boys in Doncaster

# 10  4/8/09 1:45 PM

Ask him for a photo
Man, 84
United Kingdom

Seduction guru

LUCKYBOY74 wrote:

Thats interesting that you mention I spit on your grave,I have also recently watched a film that gets compared to it called Eden Lake.Thats a nasty film because it reflects some of the stories we hear about,like the one this week with the 10 and 11 year old brothers torturing those 2 boys in Doncaster

I actually enjoyed watching Eden lake to be honest, it was a **** bit different to the usual mindless **** out there in the way it was directed. Although it was very harsh!!! I would kick the !!!! outta those **** lol **** B*******s, they arrggggg!!! Not a good. Not at all.!

Have you seen a film called; Funny Games? That is a **** bit of a strange one, I thought. It's not very good on the sound side of things but it did have a very good use of silence throughout. It has loads of suspence building and decreasing and it is quite hard to read what is going to happen next, so I liked that (Since most filoms I know what will happen all the way through after the first 10 minuets lol I watch to many films that's all.)

That's all I can think of from the top of my head.

Maybe something else will trigger a membery and I will name a few more lol

Sound pall

# 11  4/8/09 1:50 PM

Ask him for a photo
Man, 41
United Kingdom
Evesham
Naughty newbie

aljay29 wrote:

LUCKYBOY74 wrote:

Well its not so much a plot but a message,ie time destroys everything.Thats why the film wouldn't have worked in normal chronological order.At the end of the film which is actually the start of the story we see a moment of happiness maybe,but because we know what happens to her and the tragic outcome the viewer is left saddened(or even depressed) as we know that happiness is going to be short lived.The message really means we do not know what the hands of fate have in store for us,no matter what we do in life,we do not know whats round the corner.

# 12  4/8/09 2:58 PM

Man, 35
United Kingdom
Guildford
Naughty newbie

There is a new film out called something like "Let the right one in", its a vampire film think Norwegian in origin. Jonathan Ross rated rated it, but don't know what people think about his reviews, personally I tend to agree. He found it deeper than your average horror and felt that this was due to the complexity of the relationships within the film.

# 13  4/8/09 4:34 PM

Man, 35
United Kingdom
Guildford
Naughty newbie

LUCKYBOY74 wrote:

Well its not so much a plot but a message,ie time destroys everything.Thats why the film wouldn't have worked in normal chronological order.At the end of the film which is actually the start of the story we see a moment of happiness maybe,but because we know what happens to her and the tragic outcome the viewer is left saddened(or even depressed) as we know that happiness is going to be short lived.The message really means we do not know what the hands of fate have in store for us,no matter what we do in life,we do not know whats round the corner.

I understand your point about the time line, it is similar to momento, although I see momento as a superior, more successful and complex film personally, but this wasn't my point. I was just saying that the camera movement was overdone, and as a result I felt it lessened the impact of the first scene/few scenes (in the club) of the film. And it was annoying to me as a consequence, but also because I felt it was overdone/kill.

I would be weary of using depressed in the same sentence as watching a film, I have several friends who are clinical psychologists, and they inform me there are several symptoms of depression, of which none would come about as a result of watching a film. Long term loss of appetite, not sleeping and another which I cannot remember.

Your point about the hand of fate, does actually imply that we could know whats around the corner, as fate implied a determined controlled existence, that is set in time, and results in our ultimate demise at the hands of the gods or natures path for us. So if we could know the future we could know our fate and since if life were fatalistic then there would be a definite time line the implication is that we could move along it with the right technology. Besides isn't not knowing whats around the corner the exciting part, if we know what was there then we might want to change it. Aren't the adversities in life there to make us recognize the good things that we do have. If we didn't have such contrast could we be happy? Isn't it the contrasts which compose our sense of appreciation for our existence and compose our happiness, and sense of value.

# 14  4/8/09 5:40 PM

Ask him for a photo
Man, 41
United Kingdom
Evesham
Naughty newbie

aljay29 wrote:

LUCKYBOY74 wrote:

I understand your point about the time line, it is similar to momento, although I see momento as a superior, more successful and complex film personally, but this wasn't my point. I was just saying that the camera movement was overdone, and as a result I felt it lessened the impact of the first scene/few scenes (in the club) of the film. And it was annoying to me as a consequence, but also because I felt it was overdone/kill.

I would be weary of using depressed in the same sentence as watching a film, I have several friends who are clinical psychologists, and they inform me there are several symptoms of depression, of which none would come about as a result of watching a film. Long term loss of appetite, not sleeping and another which I cannot remember.

Your point about the hand of fate, does actually imply that we could know whats around the corner, as fate implied a determined controlled existence, that is set in time, and results in our ultimate demise at the hands of the gods or natures path for us. So if we could know the future we could know our fate and since if life were fatalistic then there would be a definite time line the implication is that we could move along it with the right technology. Besides isn't not knowing whats around the corner the exciting part, if we know what was there then we might want to change it. Aren't the adversities in life there to make us recognize the good things that we do have. If we didn't have such contrast could we be happy? Isn't it the contrasts which compose our sense of appreciation for our existence and compose our happiness, and sense of value.

Ah yes,but sometimes what lies around the corner can be so terrible that with hindsight,we would want to change the future.After watching the film,I kept thinking about the "what if" scenarios for instance if her boyfriend hadn't been such a **** at the party forcing her to leave,or when she turned down an offer from her **** to walk her home safely.

Board footer

18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
scamcheck

BeNaughty ranked #8 among all UK websites
in the Hitwise Lifestyle - Dating industry, based on
market share of visits in January - December 2011.