Verification

# 1  2/26/14 3:52 AM

Fun_Downunder This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 39
Australia
Narre Warren
Naughty newbie

I've been chatting to a member who has asked to me to be verified.  My account already has trusted status, but she is asking for my full name and address, which she will then ****-mail to this verification person?  Isn't the trusted status saying that I am who I claim to be, or is verification something different?

Also, I would have expected there to be some sort of button for me to click on to be verified rather than passing on my information to middle-person.  Just wanting to make sure that I'm not being scammed and what the correct procedure should be.

# 2  2/26/14 7:09 AM

Wylie This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 55
New Zealand
Albany
Such a tease

Sounds like another ****. If it's done thru the site should get a link saying what to do.

# 3  2/26/14 9:02 AM

HBE This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 52
Australia
Redcliffe
Casanova

From 1 Aussie to another....DON'T do it...PLEASE DON'T do it

# 4  2/26/14 9:09 AM

RitchieRich44 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 50
United Kingdom
Cambridge
**** expert

Fun_Downunder wrote:

I've been chatting to a member who has asked to me to be verified.  My account already has trusted status, but she is asking for my full name and address, which she will then ****-mail to this verification person?  Isn't the trusted status saying that I am who I claim to be, or is verification something different?

Also, I would have expected there to be some sort of button for me to click on to be verified rather than passing on my information to middle-person.  Just wanting to make sure that I'm not being scammed and what the correct procedure should be.

There is a verification process, but that isn't how it works. As in 'real life', DON'T give out personal information unless you know the person you're disclosing it to.
I'll bring this to the attention of the paid mods. PLEASE make sure you report the member who asked for your details.

# 5  2/26/14 10:03 AM

Moderator This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 43
United States
Fulshear

Fun_Downunder wrote:

Hi!
You do not need any ID or personal code to contact members and you should not follow the external links that members may share with you. If you consider somebody to be a suspicious member by them asking you for your verification ID or personal code, please inform us and we will take action.
The website provides multiple layers of security that give our members peace of mind and enables them to feel confident about communication.
We also recommend that you never provide your personal details (such as email address or phone number) to members you have just started to talk to. We protect your personal information, but if you decide to exchange your personal email address or phone number with another member, your anonymity is no longer protected.

You can easily report all suspicious members by clicking on the 'report user' button or block them from further contact with you.
http://cdn.joxi.ru/uploads/prod/2014/02/26/2c7/6aa/6b83aaae563db961a1f69326f6e8a2fa1d56ac5a.png

Respectfully,

# 6  2/26/14 10:30 AM

Fun_Downunder This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 39
Australia
Narre Warren
Naughty newbie

Thanks all for your feedback, and I suspected as much.  It does mean that I need to report almost every member I've communicated with since joining.

Are there any genuine people here???

There are lots of genuine people here, but it takes time and patience to find them.  Please see the Read First section for tips and guidelines.  As your original query has been resolved, I am now closing this thread.  Please feel free to join in anywhere you like on the forum.  moderator

Board footer

18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
scamcheck

BeNaughty ranked #8 among all UK websites
in the Hitwise Lifestyle - Dating industry, based on
market share of visits in January - December 2011.