# 1  1/22/13 6:21 AM

Ask him for a photo
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask him to upload a photo
pitbull12329 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 23
United Kingdom
Leicester
Right goer

A chat with somebody on here last night made me consider .  .Is this man the greatest director of all time

He has been directing since 1972 . . .His films including nominations for actors/actresseses in them are as follows

Acadamy Awards-75Nominations . . . .20wins

Golden Globe-54Nominations . . .10wins

Bafta-80Nominations . . . 23wins

He directed, Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, Goodfellas, Gangs Of New York and The Departed to name but a few.. .

He has won one Oscar for Best Director for the brilliant film. . ."The Departed"  ..

Surely the best ever . . Isnt he?

# 2  1/22/13 4:02 PM

Ask him for a photo
Man, 23
United Kingdom
Leicester
Right goer

well i think he is

# 3  1/22/13 4:09 PM

Hotwife2 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 46
Spain
Fuerteventura
Seduction guru

I think he is amazing the way he manages to portray characters with all their depths and layers.

# 4  1/22/13 4:23 PM

Yummy-Mummy89 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 25
United Kingdom
Preston
Wicked charmer

Thumbs up for departed but you know my view on gangs of new york..mind you it might of been the company i was in at the time that i didnt enjoy that film

# 5  1/22/13 4:50 PM

Tuffnall This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 36
United Kingdom
Northampton
Been Naughtiest

No doubt he is one of the best, definitely the best in his genre but his films don't massively appeal to me. Some were good most were average. His style and genre just doesn't float my boat. Guess it's a personal preference thing.
Personally I prefer Quentin Tarantino and Joss Whedon as their SOH is very similar to mine.

# 6  1/22/13 5:05 PM

Ask him for a photo
Man, 23
United Kingdom
Leicester
Right goer

Yummy-Mummy89 wrote:

Thumbs up for departed but you know my view on gangs of new york..mind you it might of been the company i was in at the time that i didnt enjoy that film

Yeah. . I know you said . .I think Gangs Of New York is amazing . .Hadnt seen it for a while till last night. . Loved it . .Maybe you should try watching again on your own or something

# 7  1/22/13 5:14 PM

Yummy-Mummy89 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 25
United Kingdom
Preston
Wicked charmer

pitbull12329 wrote:

Yummy-Mummy89 wrote:

Yeah. . I know you said . .I think Gangs Of New York is amazing . .Hadnt seen it for a while till last night. . Loved it . .Maybe you should try watching again on your own or something

My plan for tonight but I do t think I would change my mind. When many mind is made up I never change it

# 8  1/22/13 5:21 PM

Ask him for a photo
Man, 23
United Kingdom
Leicester
Right goer

Tuffnall wrote:

No doubt he is one of the best, definitely the best in his genre but his films don't massively appeal to me. Some were good most were average. His style and genre just doesn't float my boat. Guess it's a personal preference thing.
Personally I prefer Quentin Tarantino and Joss Whedon as their SOH is very similar to mine.

Got alot of love for Quentin Tarantino, he directed the Kill Bills, which i love . .Never actually heard of the other bloke tbh

# 9  1/22/13 7:47 PM

metallica16 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 53
United Kingdom
Ramsgate
Casanova

michael winner.....**** wish trilogy.............."calm down dear....its only an advert"..

he died this week by the way....RIP...

# 10  1/22/13 9:42 PM

ScotsBird This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 45
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Flirt expert

As much as I like Scorcese you've really got to throw Spielberg, ****, Luhrmann, Tarantino and both the Scott brothers into the "who's the best director" hat.  I couldn't pick between them.  They've all done some classic movies

# 11  1/22/13 10:09 PM

metallica16 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 53
United Kingdom
Ramsgate
Casanova

ScotsBird wrote:

As much as I like Scorcese you've really got to throw Spielberg, ****, Luhrmann, Tarantino and both the Scott brothers into the "who's the best director" hat.  I couldn't pick between them.  They've all done some classic movies

jaws.....best film ever made...

# 12  1/22/13 10:34 PM

zaenia This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 43
South Africa
Johannesburg
Right goer

He's pretty good yes...but I wouldn't call him the greatest director ever. Yes he's won tons of awards....but I've never been one to believe that just because a movie is award heavy that that makes it a great movie.....Argo being the latest piece of crap that's come out of the oscars being my case in point - but hey....that's just my opinion.

Personally I lean more towards Tarantino's films

# 13  1/22/13 11:09 PM

Man, 36
United Kingdom
Northampton
Been Naughtiest

pitbull12329 wrote:

Tuffnall wrote:

Got alot of love for Quentin Tarantino, he directed the Kill Bills, which i love . .Never actually heard of the other bloke tbh

The other bloke wrote and directed Avengers Assemble. Cant wait for Kill Bill 3

# 14  1/22/13 11:21 PM

Man, 36
United Kingdom
Northampton
Been Naughtiest

pitbull12329 wrote:

Tuffnall wrote:

# 15  1/23/13 12:01 AM

Ask him for a photo
Man, 23
United Kingdom
Leicester
Right goer

Tuffnall wrote:

pitbull12329 wrote:

Tuffnall wrote:

Ah havent seen that i dont think . . . .Oooo is he certainly doing a 3rd?? i heard he was then he wasnt

# 16  1/23/13 12:12 AM

RitchieRich44 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 50
United Kingdom
Cambridge
**** expert

pitbull12329 wrote:

Tuffnall wrote:

pitbull12329 wrote:

Ah havent seen that i dont think . . . .Oooo is he certainly doing a 3rd?? i heard he was then he wasnt

Since Bill died at the end of the second film, how is that going to work??

# 17  1/23/13 12:18 AM

Ask him for a photo
Man, 23
United Kingdom
Leicester
Right goer

RitchieRich44 wrote:

pitbull12329 wrote:

Tuffnall wrote:

good point . .and isnt the dude who played Bill **** to

Poop no Kill Bill 3

# 18  1/23/13 12:22 AM

RitchieRich44 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 50
United Kingdom
Cambridge
**** expert

pitbull12329 wrote:

RitchieRich44 wrote:

pitbull12329 wrote:

good point . .and isnt the dude who played Bill **** to

Poop no Kill Bill 3

Can't remember for sure which Carradine brother was in Kill Bill. David is ****, I think Keith and maybe another brother are alive.
I'm sure they'll find a way to work around it for the sake of a few $million.

Board footer

18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
scamcheck

BeNaughty ranked #8 among all UK websites
in the Hitwise Lifestyle - Dating industry, based on
market share of visits in January - December 2011.