Would you date someone at work?

# 1  12/9/12 4:30 PM

MsAngel_wings This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 31
United Kingdom
Uxbridge
Needs a spanking

I really, really fancy someone at work. Have on occasions been **** by other members of staff giving him puppy eyes? Problem is we work in the same department and I have never dated someone from work I bump into him all throughout the day, he smiles.... I smile and it goes on and on lol. We haven't even spoken to one another and I find myself so suddenly shy all around him? What should I do? Please all replies appreciated ****

# 2  12/9/12 5:43 PM

ruby126228 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 56
United Kingdom
St Albans
Casanova

MsAngel_wings wrote:

I really, really fancy someone at work. Have on occasions been **** by other members of staff giving him puppy eyes? Problem is we work in the same department and I have never dated someone from work I bump into him all throughout the day, he smiles.... I smile and it goes on and on lol. We haven't even spoken to one another and I find myself so suddenly shy all around him? What should I do? Please all replies appreciated ****

to be avoided  if poss    i dated my boss yrs ago when i was young    causes too many problems imo

even on the forum it can get a bit nasty if you fall out  or if you get on well can cause jealousy if you flirt

imagine if it made you feel awkward at work if it didnt go well so  think carefully

# 3  12/9/12 7:03 PM

Woman, 31
United Kingdom
Uxbridge
Needs a spanking

That's the problem I am thinking carefully and hence why I won't even take a step further. The other day he was in the coffee room talking about the new book reading club he was starting from last Thursday. Call me silly but it felt like a indirect invitation? I didn't go .... But I wanted too

# 4  12/9/12 7:23 PM

Ask them for a photo VIP
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask them to upload a photo
Dee1970 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Couple (man and woman), 84
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Casanova

I've always had a bit of a phobia about dating someone at work.  The pressure of all your colleagues wanting to know you're private business gives me the heebeejeebies!  And that's before any problems of you falling out.

These days I think I might risk it for someone special.  I just can't see it happening!  A friend was saying the other day that her ****'s boss wants to date her ****.  He's actually asked for a transfer to another department so they can, without risking the work environment.  Now that's keen!

Dee

# 5  12/9/12 7:27 PM

Woman, 56
United Kingdom
St Albans
Casanova

MsAngel_wings wrote:

That's the problem I am thinking carefully and hence why I won't even take a step further. The other day he was in the coffee room talking about the new book reading club he was starting from last Thursday. Call me silly but it felt like a indirect invitation? I didn't go .... But I wanted too

well use the book club to see how it goes .... nothing wrong with being friends

# 6  12/9/12 7:32 PM

Ask her for a photo
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask her to upload a photo
Miss_Lovely1 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 33
United Kingdom
Wakefield
Casanova

For me it ended in tears. It also ended with me having to find a new job

I have also worked with people who are in a relationship and its a nightmare. complete utter nightmare there was one couple who would bring their arguments into work. made the atmosphere awful

# 7  12/9/12 8:42 PM

zaenia This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 43
South Africa
Johannesburg
Right goer

I'd say....forget it. The fact that you're in the same department makes it even more of an issue. You could have considered it if you were maybe in different departments...and preferably different floors too...but since this is not the case...I'd say definitely to be avoided

# 8  12/9/12 8:46 PM

TalentedAngel This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 49
Australia
Adelaide
Casanova

I don't think there is anything wrong with it I have this huge crush on my boss and if he trys to have **** with me I'm all his

# 9  12/9/12 10:42 PM

Woman, 31
United Kingdom
Uxbridge
Needs a spanking

I can honestly say I haven't felt this way in some time? How can I explain what happens? There's this silly feeling in my tummy and did I mention I have been **** twice giving him puppy eyes?!!! That's not me? When he speaks in his gorgeous New Zealand accent... I'm lost
I even went out on a date tonight to see if someone else could make me interested and even though I enjoyed the company.... It wasn't the same?

# 10  12/9/12 11:12 PM

Woman, 31
United Kingdom
Uxbridge
Needs a spanking

I should also add he's in IT and I'm in nursing, so two **** different fields ....

# 11  12/9/12 11:17 PM

Woman, 56
United Kingdom
St Albans
Casanova

MsAngel_wings wrote:

I should also add he's in IT and I'm in nursing, so two **** different fields ....

you obviously want to date him so go ahead but make it known if it didnt work out you would remain friends so good luck

# 12  12/9/12 11:30 PM

Woman, 31
United Kingdom
Uxbridge
Needs a spanking

ruby126228 wrote:

MsAngel_wings wrote:

you obviously want to date him so go ahead but make it known if it didnt work out you would remain friends so good luck

I do BUT we do still work together....

# 13  12/9/12 11:33 PM

Woman, 56
United Kingdom
St Albans
Casanova

MsAngel_wings wrote:

ruby126228 wrote:

MsAngel_wings wrote:

then go out as friends and see

# 14  12/9/12 11:37 PM

Ask them for a photo VIP
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask them to upload a photo
Dee1970 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Couple (man and woman), 84
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Casanova

MsAngel_wings wrote:

ruby126228 wrote:

MsAngel_wings wrote:

How many hours per week are you working "together"?  Do either of you have to report to each other or the same manager? Could having a relationship compromise either of you professionally?

If not, and you're keen on him, then go for it. So long as you're confident you can remain professional if it doesn't work out.  More people meet a long term partner at work or education than anywhere else.

Dee

# 15  12/9/12 11:48 PM

Woman, 56
United Kingdom
St Albans
Casanova

a coffee wont hurt

# 16  12/9/12 11:50 PM

smartyarse This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 40
Ireland
Mullingar
Been Naughtiest

go for it......otherwise you'll always be wondering what if!

if it all goes wrong so what!

# 17  12/10/12 4:45 AM

TalentedAngel This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 49
Australia
Adelaide
Casanova

smartyarse wrote:

And who knows, he may have a big willy and a real stayer

# 18  12/10/12 6:54 AM

siflo689 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 43
Australia
Spring Hill
Naughty newbie

the way i see it you have three options:

1/ paint lipstick on your face like the joker so you wierd him out and he stops smiling at you
2/ tell him you're an **** computer enthusiast and want to practice on his equipment by upgrading his floppy disk to a hard drive
3/ forget about counting to 6 with a kiwi and make like a kangaroo, hop down to the airport, jump on a plane, skip over to my place, open up your pouch and treat me like a pogo stick till your frustrations bounce out of existence

personally i'd recommend option 3, but you'd still be stuck between a rock and a hard place

# 19  12/10/12 6:03 PM

Woman, 31
United Kingdom
Uxbridge
Needs a spanking

Dee1970 wrote:

MsAngel_wings wrote:

ruby126228 wrote:

How many hours per week are you working "together"?  Do either of you have to report to each other or the same manager? Could having a relationship compromise either of you professionally?

If not, and you're keen on him, then go for it. So long as you're confident you can remain professional if it doesn't work out.  More people meet a long term partner at work or education than anywhere else.

Dee

Hi Dee thank you for the encouring words ****
He's in IT and the support for the department that I work in. We don't actually work together ... Just in the same department. Actually I am getting worried about the way forward. The xmas work party is this Friday.... We're both going so lets see what happens ****

# 20  12/10/12 6:06 PM

Woman, 31
United Kingdom
Uxbridge
Needs a spanking

smartyarse wrote:

good attitude, apart from the fact that if it didn't work we would still bump into each other?

Board footer

18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
scamcheck

BeNaughty ranked #8 among all UK websites
in the Hitwise Lifestyle - Dating industry, based on
market share of visits in January - December 2011.