Which chat system shall I use?

# 21  3/7/12 10:10 PM

daydreaming42 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 34
United Kingdom
Southampton
Naughty newbie

gone as in not coming back or gone as in might well be down for a few hours?

# 22  3/7/12 10:12 PM

ScotsBird This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 45
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Flirt expert

Sorry, I wasn't very clear there.  They're probably doing some technical work on it.  They're never usually down for very long.

# 23  9/21/12 1:46 AM

codge1 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 72
United Kingdom
Nuneaton
Naughty newbie

Ever since the site 'upgraded' I have had nothing but trouble with chat.  After a few exchanges, I can no longer communicate.  Close chat and get a pop-up chat message from the same woman, hit reply and what I get pop-up is her side of the chat, nothing of mine.  Even more curious, every single line is at the same time. Close chat, what several minutes before replying to the pop-up and the time has changed to several minutes later. ????  Downloaded BeNaughty chat, which seemed to be OK the first time but now even that has thrown a wobbler.  Anyone else still having problems?

# 24  8/22/13 12:34 AM

Ask him for a photo
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask him to upload a photo
Mark2 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 43
United Kingdom
Gomshall
Naughty newbie

As a new member of less than two weeks, I have been very disappointed with the chat facility (I'm using the basic chat btw)

I've had just two (2) successful chats, lasting more than one hour each and with the audible beep sounding upon a typed reply waiting.

This is as opposed to at least nine (9) attempted chats where I get repeated popups saying "So-and-so would love to chat with you" and whether I respond by pressing the START CHAT button or the NO THANKS button, a 2-way chat cannot be started and the said popups keep on coming, up to a dozen or more times!

At least one of the successful chats was started by myself, so I know it can work - but not very often!
Any help appreciated, thank you.

# 25  8/22/13 12:18 PM

DD_67 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 46
Ireland
Love expert

Mark2 wrote:

As a new member of less than two weeks, I have been very disappointed with the chat facility (I'm using the basic chat btw)

I've had just two (2) successful chats, lasting more than one hour each and with the audible beep sounding upon a typed reply waiting.

This is as opposed to at least nine (9) attempted chats where I get repeated popups saying "So-and-so would love to chat with you" and whether I respond by pressing the START CHAT button or the NO THANKS button, a 2-way chat cannot be started and the said popups keep on coming, up to a dozen or more times!

At least one of the successful chats was started by myself, so I know it can work - but not very often!
Any help appreciated, thank you.

The first thing you could do is disable the pop up that tells you someone is trying to start a chat with you.  That message actually means very **** and therefore you really don't need to have a pop up driving you crazy wondering why you didn't get the message.  If someone really wants to chat with you, they will.  I see those 'tried to chat with you' messages on my activity tab every day, but it usually means that someone has already chatted to me, not that i actually missed a new one.

# 26  8/22/13 1:22 PM

Ask him for a photo
Man, 43
United Kingdom
Gomshall
Naughty newbie

USER wrote:

......but it usually means that someone has already chatted to me, not that i actually missed a new one

Yes, but the problem is then compounded by the fact that the user is then recorded in the activity log as having "chatted" with me!

I have rapidly learned to take these notifications with rather more than a pinch of salt, but I do also get them from users that are new to me. As I said before, I know it can work!

Thank you for your input on this subject - a mod has been in touch with me and is now looking into it.

# 27  8/23/13 12:43 AM

Ask him for a photo
Man, 43
United Kingdom
Gomshall
Naughty newbie

I've just had a second occurrence of another serious fault within the chat system.

I get a chat popup (just once this time, no repeats!) but don't recognise the person.
Clicking on Read Text opens the chat window to reveal that I'm in the middle of someone else's chat!

The first time it happened was the other night, and I typed in several messages, assuming that the lady at the other end was seeing them, but I got no response from them.

When it happened just now, I simply closed the chat window straight away .... but not before I'd noticed that on both occasions, the other partie(s) were in Australia!

Note to mods - I do have one username from the first time it happened, if it might help!

Thanks

# 28  9/21/13 11:43 AM

Ask him for a photo
Man, 43
United Kingdom
Gomshall
Naughty newbie

Not wishing to appear to monopolise this forum, but the lack of a response is extremely disappointing.

Are we to assume that the powers that be, are not interested at all in this serious security issue?

Board footer

18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
scamcheck

BeNaughty ranked #8 among all UK websites
in the Hitwise Lifestyle - Dating industry, based on
market share of visits in January - December 2011.