# 1  7/2/14 12:43 AM

Ask him for a photo
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask him to upload a photo
DavidCommaGeek This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 84
United States
Riverside
Such a tease

This is a thread to describe the process by which you find people you like, want to hook up with, and want to chat with. It does not necessarily describe who you FIND with your process, but how you search, rate, and contact people on the site.
For me, it goes

1) Search for single ladies within 50 miles of my location.

2) Look at their picture(s) and their display name. (Don't judge me! I'm a man!) I think it's a good sign if she has more than one picture, even if the others are "Friends Only". For her primary picture, I at least need to be able to see her whole face; other than that, I look for pictures which are "believable" (not super-fashion-model quality or look like they belong on a **** site) and of good quality (not blurred/lens-glared/low-light).
If her display name is witty, I usually at least visit her profile to give her a star rating (see #6). I check age, but usually appearance matters much more than a number. I'll at least investigate a woman even if she's noticeably older than I am.

3) Check to see if they're into "****". If they are, I skip them 90% of the time. (I'm on the site to find a more lasting relationship, and I think **** is prohibitive to that.) Though if they're filling in ALL the "Looking For..." options, I sometime give them the benefit of the doubt that they're just plain looking.
Even if she's not into ****, if it does NOT say "does not smoke", then I'm usually tempted to skip the page.

4) Check to see if they have anything in their "In My Own Words..." or "I'm Looking For..." sections. If they do, I click to go to their profile.

5) If I get to their profile, I check their Appearance and Tastes sections just to make sure they're filled out. If they have **** or nothing to say about themselves in their profile, I close it. If they have some parts filled out but not all, I usually request that they fill out the missing parts.
I make sure their display race and gender match up with the picture. (Already found several which don't, which makes me VERY suspicious.)

6) If they get most of steps 4 and 5 done, I usually leave a rating of 4-4.5 stars. (I refuse to give a woman 5 stars until I've actually spoken with her.) Sometimes I only give 3 if these sections are filled in, but skimpy.

7) The rare lady who fully satisfies steps 1, 4, and 5 gets an email or chat request if she's online. If it says she's on the forums, I click the link that takes me back here to see if she's posted an introduction.

That's about it so far. I'm hoping to refine my ability to search as it goes on.

# 2  7/2/14 8:42 AM

TalentedAngel This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 49
Australia
Adelaide
Casanova

DavidCommaGeek wrote:

This is a thread to describe the process by which you find people you like, want to hook up with, and want to chat with. It does not necessarily describe who you FIND with your process, but how you search, rate, and contact people on the site.
For me, it goes

1) Search for single ladies within 50 miles of my location.

2) Look at their picture(s) and their display name. (Don't judge me! I'm a man!) I think it's a good sign if she has more than one picture, even if the others are "Friends Only". For her primary picture, I at least need to be able to see her whole face; other than that, I look for pictures which are "believable" (not super-fashion-model quality or look like they belong on a **** site) and of good quality (not blurred/lens-glared/low-light).
If her display name is witty, I usually at least visit her profile to give her a star rating (see #6). I check age, but usually appearance matters much more than a number. I'll at least investigate a woman even if she's noticeably older than I am.

3) Check to see if they're into "****". If they are, I skip them 90% of the time. (I'm on the site to find a more lasting relationship, and I think **** is prohibitive to that.) Though if they're filling in ALL the "Looking For..." options, I sometime give them the benefit of the doubt that they're just plain looking.
Even if she's not into ****, if it does NOT say "does not smoke", then I'm usually tempted to skip the page.

4) Check to see if they have anything in their "In My Own Words..." or "I'm Looking For..." sections. If they do, I click to go to their profile.

5) If I get to their profile, I check their Appearance and Tastes sections just to make sure they're filled out. If they have **** or nothing to say about themselves in their profile, I close it. If they have some parts filled out but not all, I usually request that they fill out the missing parts.
I make sure their display race and gender match up with the picture. (Already found several which don't, which makes me VERY suspicious.)

6) If they get most of steps 4 and 5 done, I usually leave a rating of 4-4.5 stars. (I refuse to give a woman 5 stars until I've actually spoken with her.) Sometimes I only give 3 if these sections are filled in, but skimpy.

7) The rare lady who fully satisfies steps 1, 4, and 5 gets an email or chat request if she's online. If it says she's on the forums, I click the link that takes me back here to see if she's posted an introduction.

That's about it so far. I'm hoping to refine my ability to search as it goes on.

Are you saying my rating wasn't 5 stars???

# 3  7/2/14 4:51 PM

Ask him for a photo
Man, 84
United States
Riverside
Such a tease

I'm saying that you're an ocean away, already in a committed relationship, and you've never told me you like video games.
It's not you, ****, it's me! 

# 4  7/2/14 10:45 PM

TalentedAngel This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 49
Australia
Adelaide
Casanova

DavidCommaGeek wrote:

I'm saying that you're an ocean away, already in a committed relationship, and you've never told me you like video games.
It's not you, ****, it's me! 

Thats me finished I hate video games

# 5  7/2/14 11:02 PM

Ask him for a photo
Man, 84
United States
Riverside
Such a tease

NO STARS!! 

# 6  7/2/14 11:23 PM

A-Woman This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 46
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Been Naughtiest

DCG hi there!

I love reading but not here . Long posts are more of a blog than a forum comment...Sorry haven't read allll your post.

We used to have a summarizing person here in the past, want to try it?

# 7  7/2/14 11:27 PM

Ask him for a photo
Man, 84
United States
Riverside
Such a tease

Pahahahahaa! She thinks this is blog-length... that's funny. (I DO have one blog entry up, actually, but it doesn't sound like you'd want to read it!)

All you have to do is read the first few lines and have at it yourself. You don't have to read my whole process, but it's on-topic to the thread if you post how you look for people on the site. How much detail you go into is up to you; I happen to like detail.

Board footer

18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
scamcheck

BeNaughty ranked #8 among all UK websites
in the Hitwise Lifestyle - Dating industry, based on
market share of visits in January - December 2011.