# 1  5/15/11 8:26 PM

Ask him for a photo
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask him to upload a photo
andrews34 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 32
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Naughty newbie

Yeah, I know that Rick Wright, Floyd's keyboardist has passed away, but Roger Waters has been doing a string of shows at the O2 in London, performing The Wall, and both Dave Gilmour and Nick Mason joined Roger on stage, Nick's was fleeting, but, Dave performed Comfortably Numb, and did it in exactly the same way he did back in 1980, from the top of a 20 foot wall. They're teaming up with EMI for a huge reissuing of their back catalogue, and rumours are bound, not for the first time though, that they may be on the cusp of going out on tour.

I for one would sell everything I currently own to afford a ticket, as they will be astronomical in price, should it happen. I'm possitively drooling at the thought, I saw Floyd at Earl's Court back in '94, so to see them for would most likely be the last time, would be an awe inspiring show. I just hope it happens!

# 2  5/16/11 1:33 AM

welshcurves This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 50
United Kingdom
Bridgend
Been Naughtiest

I would sell my ****,dog,kidney anything to see that show

# 3  5/16/11 8:07 AM

Ask him for a photo
andrews34 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 32
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Naughty newbie

welshcurves wrote:

I would sell my ****,dog,kidney anything to see that show

Seconded, without a shadow of a doubt!

# 4  5/16/11 9:23 AM

metallica16 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 53
United Kingdom
Ramsgate
Casanova

Gotta say......i'm not a huge floyd fan.......and i would sell.......f**k all to see them.......or any other rock band.....old or new.......

as much as i love watching live music......i object to getting ripped off over the ticket price........

# 5  6/3/11 2:16 PM

Ask him for a photo
james4yrfun This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 59
United Kingdom
Stoke Poges
Naughty newbie

Saw Pink floyd twice,  because I was  at the Earles court 1st night on tour when the seating collapsed. I thought it was the "mexiacan wave" when it started to fall. Stopped right next to me, with about 20feet drop onto concrete. Luckily no one was seriously injured. Date was re sheduled about 10 days later-best concert Ive ever seen (Must have been abot 1990 I guess) .  Saw Roger Walters perform Dark side of the moon and that was great, Went to see RW few weeks back at O2 doing the Wall. Unfortunatly our seats-£80 I think had a view  obstructed by the projectors. Than to make life worse-next to a couple of drunken scots-one of whom insisted on singing every song badly at the top of his voice .... Made the evening painful... In between the "singing" the music and atmosphere was great. I would go to see the re grouped members if they did a tour. Have to say-and I expect this is unlikely- Roger Waters-If your reading this..do your next tour with "Wish you were here".. I would be..James

# 6  9/6/11 7:13 AM

Handspamgranade This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 29
South Africa
Johannesburg
Naughty newbie

It can be a good thing,  but the "let sleeping dogs lie" approach is better,   Iron Maiden fcuked it up with their reunion which litterally ****.

# 7  9/6/11 1:41 PM

karsic_karl This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 53
United Kingdom
Sandiacre
Been Naughtiest

Handspamgranade wrote:

It can be a good thing,  but the "let sleeping dogs lie" approach is better,   Iron Maiden fcuked it up with their reunion which litterally ****.

Second that.

I prefer to see bands at their best.
Was lucky to see LOADS of bands in my younage - Birmingham was a pretty good place to see live bands - big and small.

A few I missed out on as I couldn't afford to see EVERYTHING - and some were on at same time as others.
But I wouldn't go and see them now when they are aged.

Much prefer to go to gigs and see current performers.

# 8  9/30/12 11:54 AM

N_Owl This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 47
United Kingdom
Altrincham
Wicked charmer

Handspamgranade wrote:

Pink Floyd are one of those groups who have had a number of eras and styles, such as the Sid Barret days, Roger Waters domination (including kicking Rick Wright out), reforming in 1987 (actually called Pink Floyd 1987 due to the legal wrangling between Roger Waters and the rest of the band) and the live aid reunion show.

If there is one group who could pull off a reunion it is Pink Floyd. Sure the music is likely to be slighlty different to the records, but sometimes that is a good thing (music should be a living thing and not trapped on a record).

As for seing them live if they go on tour - Oh Hell Yes - saw them in 1988 and though I have seen plenty of other artists before and after, some of which were amaizing, non have managed to get close to that show.  Total emersion is the only way I could describe it.

# 9  9/30/12 2:37 PM

Ask her for a photo
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask her to upload a photo
rosewine This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 53
United Kingdom
Inverness
Casanova

Save your money. They ll never sound the same without the original line up. Ive been ripped off so many times this way. The worst was Supertramp. huge fan. One of the singers opened his mouth and after the first few notes i could have just walked away. Crap crap crap. There should be a law against them using the same name.

Going to see Aussie Pink Floyd, again, at the turn of the year. They will never be the real thing but they dont pretend to be and they dont ripp the audience off with expensive ticket prices.Theyre fun.

# 10  9/30/12 3:35 PM

Man, 47
United Kingdom
Altrincham
Wicked charmer

rosewine wrote:

Save your money. They ll never sound the same without the original line up. Ive been ripped off so many times this way. The worst was Supertramp. huge fan. One of the singers opened his mouth and after the first few notes i could have just walked away. Crap crap crap. There should be a law against them using the same name.

Going to see Aussie Pink Floyd, again, at the turn of the year. They will never be the real thing but they dont pretend to be and they dont ripp the audience off with expensive ticket prices.Theyre fun.

I would agree with you if it was anyone else, but PF still have the two main vocalists and both still sound the same and can still bang out the tunes (their solo stuff is pretty impressive as well).  In addition the concerts they have been doing together as part of Roger Waters Wall Tour have been pretty impressive.  They are one of the few groups who still have it, and unlike most thier stage show is second to non.

I do agree with you about the Aussie Pink Floyd, from what I have heard they are very good, and certainly the bits the local radio station played last time they were in Manchester, they were brilliant.  If I had, had the money when the tickets went on sale I would have been going to see them in Feb here in Manc.

# 11  10/2/12 3:26 PM

Ask her for a photo
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask her to upload a photo
rosewine This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 53
United Kingdom
Inverness
Casanova

N_Owl wrote:

rosewine wrote:

I would agree with you if it was anyone else, but PF still have the two main vocalists and both still sound the same and can still bang out the tunes (their solo stuff is pretty impressive as well).  In addition the concerts they have been doing together as part of Roger Waters Wall Tour have been pretty impressive.  They are one of the few groups who still have it, and unlike most thier stage show is second to non.

I do agree with you about the Aussie Pink Floyd, from what I have heard they are very good, and certainly the bits the local radio station played last time they were in Manchester, they were brilliant.  If I had, had the money when the tickets went on sale I would have been going to see them in Feb here in Manc.

I ll tell you all about the concert so you dont feel left out

xx

# 12  10/2/12 8:16 PM

Man, 47
United Kingdom
Altrincham
Wicked charmer

rosewine wrote:

N_Owl wrote:

rosewine wrote:

I ll tell you all about the concert so you dont feel left out

xx

Lucky bugger,

I might need to get a few cans of paint to hide the green colour (Hmm if I go on a tiddly bit of an extreme diet could you fold me up and smuggle me in somehow?)

Board footer

18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
scamcheck

BeNaughty ranked #8 among all UK websites
in the Hitwise Lifestyle - Dating industry, based on
market share of visits in January - December 2011.