# 21  1/18/12 11:29 PM

DD_67 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 46
Ireland
Love expert

Sabredance wrote:

DD_67 wrote:

Sabredance wrote:

New people join all the time and don't know certain things but assume it's all kosher.
Personally I'd prefer to be told twice or more than not at all!
If a business is doing illegal things, then people ought to be advised.

Actually it's something i didn't know at all, and to be honest i'm a **** bit shocked.

You're shocked?  Me too?  I was going to **** for the 3 day membership and read messages and make contact with people, but then read that you can't stop the auto renewal but have to **** for another month as auto renewal takes longer to cancel than 3 days, so instead of paying £3 you end up paying over £30
Is this true DD?
Oh, is it free membership for women?  What happened to **** equality being the law?  NOT getting at you, just asking!

As far as i know, if you take out the three day membership and cancel repeat billing immediately, you won't be charged for a month.  It's only if you wait a day or so, and your repeat billing kicks in that you get charged.  I stress that i don't really know, as i've never taken out a membership, be it 3 days or 30, but it's my feeling from what i read in the forum that it's possible to not be charged a repeat billing if you cancel immediately.

Yes it is free for women who only want to chat to men.  Women who want to chat to other women and couples must **** too.  You say you're not getting at me, but somehow i feel put on the spot by all this.  I can only tell you what i know or what i believe.  I can't tell you why.

# 22  1/18/12 11:32 PM

Sabredance This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 53
United Kingdom
Kennington
Wicked charmer

DD_67 wrote:

Sabredance wrote:

DD_67 wrote:

Actually it's something i didn't know at all, and to be honest i'm a **** bit shocked.

You're shocked?  Me too?  I was going to **** for the 3 day membership and read messages and make contact with people, but then read that you can't stop the auto renewal but have to **** for another month as auto renewal takes longer to cancel than 3 days, so instead of paying £3 you end up paying over £30
Is this true DD?
Oh, is it free membership for women?  What happened to **** equality being the law?  NOT getting at you, just asking!

As far as i know, if you take out the three day membership and cancel repeat billing immediately, you won't be charged for a month.  It's only if you wait a day or so, and your repeat billing kicks in that you get charged.  I stress that i don't really know, as i've never taken out a membership, be it 3 days or 30, but it's my feeling from what i read in the forum that it's possible to not be charged a repeat billing if you cancel immediately.

Yes it is free for women who only want to chat to men.  Women who want to chat to other women and couples must **** too.  You say you're not getting at me, but somehow i feel put on the spot by all this.  I can only tell you what i know or what i believe.  I can't tell you why.

I was going to pm you the above - should have done really - sawwy if you feel put on the spot. I should have put brain into gear! ****

# 23  1/18/12 11:35 PM

ambrosia69 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 56
United Kingdom
Hereford
Dating expert

rochhard8 wrote:

DD_67 wrote:

Sabredance wrote:

Table would be more comfortable at the moment thanks for the thought
I DO like considerate women
My blue is definitely blue.  I'll show you in-between sessions if you like

Blue is an account alert, a message from admin.  You can change your settings so you don't get any of those if you want.  Here's the definitive list of what the colours mean

Moderator wrote:

We have introduced special envelope icons to mark flirtcasts, icebreakers and automated alerts in the Inbox.
Green envelope means it's a regular message from a member
Orange envelope means it's an icebreaker
Purple envelope means it's a flirtcast
Blue envelope means it's an account alert (messages from admin like Someone added you to their friends etc)
Grey envelope means it's an activity alert (automated messages about new members etc)
If you hover on the envelope, a hint will come up explaining what type of message you've got. 
Please note if you click on blue or grey envelope, you will be able to opt out of receiving these alerts.
Hope you will find this feature helpful.
Have fun!

Respectfully,

Please note that if you are not currently subscribed, you will see messages marked green that are emphatically NOT regular (deliberate, to you) messages from members.

As soon as you **** a sub to read / respond, you will find that they were really purple or orange (mostly system generated purple). This will be evident once you reply to a few. Once paid, the colour scheme will revert to that advertised.

FACT.

**** USING the site are bad enough - the site is scamming as well.

FACT.

thanks for the info, didn't know that about the disguised envelopes.

# 24  1/18/12 11:35 PM

Woman, 46
Ireland
Love expert

Sabredance wrote:

DD_67 wrote:

Sabredance wrote:

Is this true DD?

I was going to pm you the above - should have done really - sawwy if you feel put on the spot. I should have put brain into gear! ****

Brain into gear???  It's hard enough for some men to put their brain into trousers

# 25  1/18/12 11:37 PM

Man, 53
United Kingdom
Kennington
Wicked charmer

My brain IS always in my trousers
My problem is that no-one wants me to get it OUT!!!

# 26  1/19/12 6:27 AM

mickey2012a This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 48
Australia
Kingsville
Sweet talker

Your negativity is all over this forum, kinda hard to avoid...

# 27  1/19/12 11:25 AM

Man, 53
United Kingdom
Kennington
Wicked charmer

So if I take a print screen of my messages and then I **** and join and then take another print screen of my messages, I'll then know know how many are fake computer generated messages? That would be interesting to see!
Why in hell would want someone to programme a computer to purposely mislead???

# 28  1/19/12 1:23 PM

Woman, 46
Ireland
Love expert

Sabredance wrote:

So if I take a print screen of my messages and then I **** and join and then take another print screen of my messages, I'll then know know how many are fake computer generated messages? That would be interesting to see!
Why in hell would want someone to programme a computer to purposely mislead???

If you're thinking of taking out a subscription, then maybe it would be a good idea to get screenshots of the before and after, just to see if it's true.  It would be very interesting to know.  I would also be interested to hear from anyone else who has before and after shots that could prove this is happening.  I can't remember off the top of my head who has mailed me this week and what colour the envelope came in, even though i only get about ten or so mails per week, unless i have gotten into 'conversation' with someone and we have exchanged several mails.  It can't be easy for someone who gets loads more, to remember without a screenshot, what colour a mail was when it came in.

# 29  1/19/12 3:21 PM

Man, 53
United Kingdom
Kennington
Wicked charmer

Already done it but will do it again if I join and are able to immediately cancel to stop auto renewal.
Apart from using a Credit Card are there other ways of paying to stop these "accidents" as I don't like the idea of giving my details out to Cupid from many of the comments I have read.
I'm even thinking of using a Credit Card I've never used and cancelling that immediately after joining so no money can be taken by accident but that's a pain!

# 30  1/19/12 3:49 PM

Woman, 46
Ireland
Love expert

Sabredance wrote:

Already done it but will do it again if I join and are able to immediately cancel to stop auto renewal.
Apart from using a Credit Card are there other ways of paying to stop these "accidents" as I don't like the idea of giving my details out to Cupid from many of the comments I have read.
I'm even thinking of using a Credit Card I've never used and cancelling that immediately after joining so no money can be taken by accident but that's a pain!

Not really sure what the payment options are or indeed how they work, but this is the info i found http://www.benaughty.com/help.php?category=17  Hope that answers your question somehow.

# 31  1/19/12 4:00 PM

Man, 53
United Kingdom
Kennington
Wicked charmer

Thanks DD.  Appreciate the trouble you have taken

# 32  1/19/12 4:56 PM

bigguy01x This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 32
United Kingdom
Northampton
Such a tease

You could always cancel then intruct your bank to not process any more payment requests or di as i intend and cancel my recurring billing then watch my bank account like a hawk. If cupid plc process a payment i will tell my bank it is an unauthorised payment and they will reverse the transaction and give cupid plc a telling off too.

# 33  1/20/12 9:58 AM

Moderator This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 43
Australia

Been Naughtiest

A couple of clarifications here.

1. The icons of the messages that you receive as a non-paying member do not change color after you upgrade. If it really happened, it was a technical glitch.
2. The automatically generated messages that you might be getting from females can be autoreplies that are sent whenever you view/wink etc at a woman's profile.

I am now closing this thread because this discussion contains false allegations about the site and a lot of negativity.

Let me kindly remind you that the main purpose of this forum is to have  fun and get help if necessary.

Respectfully,

Board footer

18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
scamcheck

BeNaughty ranked #8 among all UK websites
in the Hitwise Lifestyle - Dating industry, based on
market share of visits in January - December 2011.