Looks vs Personality

# 1  4/23/14 12:56 PM

funnyUnicorn This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 30
United Kingdom
Manchester
Naughty newbie

My friend started to date with an unattractive guy about a week ago. She's telling me that his personality is more important for her than his look.
What do you think about it? what is more important to you?

# 2  4/23/14 1:10 PM

TalentedAngel This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 49
Australia
Adelaide
Casanova

funnyUnicorn wrote:

My friend started to date with an unattractive guy about a week ago. She's telling me that his personality is more important for her than his look.

I think personality would be more important and good looking is a bonus

# 3  4/23/14 1:38 PM

DD_67 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 47
Ireland
Love expert

funnyUnicorn wrote:

I think there's no accounting for taste, and as long as she likes him, it's no one else's business.

# 4  4/23/14 1:57 PM

ambrosia69 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 56
United Kingdom
Hereford
Dating expert

DD_67 wrote:

funnyUnicorn wrote:

I think there's no accounting for taste, and as long as she likes him, it's no one else's business.

have to agree there. Different aspects are attractive to different folks
but a good personality is necessary

# 5  4/23/14 4:49 PM

lonelylibran This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 43
Australia
Bankstown
Naughty newbie

Agreed! Good looks help but, personality is a must! I'd rather be with an intelligent "plain jane" than a moron goddess...

I've been in both situations & I don't think I have to say which one was better...

Interestingly enough, the **** was better with the intelligent "plain jane"...

# 6  4/23/14 7:06 PM

chaosmaker This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 42
United Kingdom
Cardiff
Wicked charmer

I have a theory that really good looking people develop less of a personality sometimes as people are drawn to them for their looks ...  kind of a shallow theory now that i've written it down... lol

Personality over looks every time but I like having a guy with both

# 7  4/23/14 7:11 PM

Bluey This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 25
Australia
Sydney
Naughty newbie

I'd say that MOST of the time, it's physical attraction that draws us to someone initially, then it's down to their personality on whether we take it further. For me personally, whether male or female, they could be very attractive, but if their personality clashes with mine, like their obnoxious, arrogant, rude etc, then absolutely nothing will happen, even for a one night stand. There must be a personality attraction for me, more so than physical.

# 8  4/23/14 8:44 PM

chaosmaker This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 42
United Kingdom
Cardiff
Wicked charmer

Bluey wrote:

I'd say that MOST of the time, it's physical attraction that draws us to someone initially, then it's down to their personality on whether we take it further. For me personally, whether male or female, they could be very attractive, but if their personality clashes with mine, like their obnoxious, arrogant, rude etc, then absolutely nothing will happen, even for a one night stand. There must be a personality attraction for me, more so than physical.

On a site like this though,  you can be attracted by the personality first if they don't have photos uploaded!

# 9  4/23/14 9:17 PM

metallica This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 53
United Kingdom
Ramsgate
Casanova

chaosmaker wrote:

Bluey wrote:

On a site like this though,  you can be attracted by the personality first if they don't have photos uploaded!

and then they put a pic up and KABOOM....another bubble burst...

# 10  4/23/14 11:25 PM

inquisitivetough2 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 19
United Kingdom
Preston
Been Naughtiest

What a load of claptrap !!!   IT’s looks every time **** has got nothing to do with personality that’s just a birds eye view through rose tinted glasses [ the mills and boon syndrome ]
I mean when was the last time you saw someone in a crowded room and thought wow what a great personality I want to **** them

# 11  4/24/14 4:20 AM

Woman, 25
Australia
Sydney
Naughty newbie

chaosmaker wrote:

Bluey wrote:

Very true, though if I'm in the chat rooms or in private chat, I generally don't respond to people with no pic. Not that I'm so shallow that I HAVE to know what they look like before I talk to them, it's just i like to put a face to the person I'm chatting to. Plus, I suppose my previous comment was meant more for 'real' life rather than on the internet.

# 12  4/24/14 4:24 AM

Woman, 25
Australia
Sydney
Naughty newbie

inquisitivetough2 wrote:

What a load of claptrap !!!   IT’s looks every time **** has got nothing to do with personality that’s just a birds eye view through rose tinted glasses [ the mills and boon syndrome ]
I mean when was the last time you saw someone in a crowded room and thought wow what a great personality I want to **** them

Well, that's just a matter of opinion though, some of us aren't that easy You could be the hottest guy on earth, and I'll gladly see about taking it further. But if you turned out to be an idiot or a **** (no pun intended) then it definitely wouldn't be going any further with me! I'd rather go without than got to bed with someone I don't like personally.

# 13  4/24/14 5:25 AM

metallica This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 53
United Kingdom
Ramsgate
Casanova

Bluey wrote:

inquisitivetough2 wrote:

Well, that's just a matter of opinion though, some of us aren't that easy You could be the hottest guy on earth, and I'll gladly see about taking it further. But if you turned out to be an idiot or a **** (no pun intended) then it definitely wouldn't be going any further with me! I'd rather go without than got to bed with someone I don't like personally.

i think you got IT in 2 there lady...

# 14  4/24/14 7:27 AM

Ask him for a photo
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask him to upload a photo
rodsrule This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 54
Australia
Coopers Plains
Seduction guru

chaosmaker wrote:

I have a theory that really good looking people develop less of a personality sometimes as people are drawn to them for their looks ...  kind of a shallow theory now that i've written it down... lol

Personality over looks every time but I like having a guy with both

going by that theory I have the best personality going

# 15  4/24/14 3:20 PM

Ask him for a photo
dan1681 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 33
United Kingdom
Naughty newbie

100% Looks, because of to f*ck ugly women it's bogus...................

# 16  4/24/14 3:28 PM

FeelingLucky This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 50
United Kingdom
Braunstone
Naughty newbie

Think there should be some physical attraction...beauty is in the eye of the beholder..

# 17  4/24/14 3:48 PM

tdh44 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 45
United States
Duluth
Naughty newbie

I used to date the knockouts but found them self absorbed and shallow. Conversations seemed to lack depth and substance. Yes, someone's looks gets you to the door, but it's the personality is what determines if I open the door. So, cheer your friend on and support the new relationship.

# 18  4/24/14 4:20 PM

mgarr69236 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 46
United States
Miami
Naughty newbie

I say personality is important

# 19  4/24/14 4:31 PM

Ask him for a photo
borgles This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 62
Canada
Chester Basin
Naughty newbie

funnyUnicorn wrote:

Looks can be overlooked as looks is in the eye of the beholder but you cannot overlook personality

# 20  4/24/14 4:40 PM

tastelikecandy1 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 19
United States
Brooklyn
Naughty newbie

Personality always comes first. I would never be able to last with a hot guy with a dull personality. Looks are always a bonus, but without a great personality to go with it, it's a shallow and boring relationship.

Board footer

18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
scamcheck

BeNaughty ranked #8 among all UK websites
in the Hitwise Lifestyle - Dating industry, based on
market share of visits in January - December 2011.