# 1  1/29/12 7:58 PM

Ask her for a photo
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask her to upload a photo
Miss_Lovely1 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 33
United Kingdom
Wakefield
Casanova

A research had shown that singletons spend over £3billion a year looking for love. This splits down to approx 37 million dates a year (collectively not per person) spending on average £47 per time.

Read the attached article its quite interesting!

So do you reckon you spend around £47 per date? If you are going double dutch I reckon it could be about right but if the gents paying then it would probably be more. Those that take your dates to maccy d's should be ashamed of yourselves and need not bother posting

Brits looking for love....

thoughts peoples?

# 2  1/29/12 8:17 PM

Ask them for a photo VIP
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask them to upload a photo
Dee1970 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Couple (man and woman), 84
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Casanova

It's cheaper to be married, well living together, because you share the bills!  I wonder how much singletons save in birthday and Christmas presents? Not to mention no anniversaries to mark.

Dee

# 3  1/29/12 9:38 PM

ruby126228 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 56
United Kingdom
St Albans
Casanova

am i the only HAPPILY  married woman on here?

# 4  1/29/12 9:40 PM

Ask them for a photo VIP
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Casanova

ruby126228 wrote:

am i the only HAPPILY  married woman on here?

PMSL, no there's Neo, and in these liberated days there's all the happily co-habiting people too.

Dee

# 5  1/29/12 9:41 PM

Ask her for a photo
Woman, 33
United Kingdom
Wakefield
Casanova

Dee1970 wrote:

It's cheaper to be married, well living together, because you share the bills!  I wonder how much singletons save in birthday and Christmas presents? Not to mention no anniversaries to mark.

Dee

yeah I do see the living together bit as being cheaper only reason why I would want to live with someone oh and the **** on tap

taking out the living together element. do you think taking your hubby/wife on dates or being romantic in general would come in cheaper than the dates at £47 a pop

# 6  1/29/12 9:49 PM

Ask her for a photo
rosewine This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 53
United Kingdom
Inverness
Casanova

Miss_Lovely1 wrote:

Dee1970 wrote:

Dee

yeah I do see the living together bit as being cheaper only reason why I would want to live with someone oh and the **** on tap

taking out the living together element. do you think taking your hubby/wife on dates or being romantic in general would come in cheaper than the dates at £47 a pop

Mmmmmm, let me see, yes it would be more expensive.

Theres the airflights, then the cost of chartering the yacht, then all the romatic dinners and wine and afters then the flight home.

# 7  1/29/12 9:53 PM

Ask them for a photo VIP
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Casanova

Miss_Lovely1 wrote:

Dee1970 wrote:

Dee

I think there would be "dating" savings because people just don't do it as often.  Lets face it, at the start of a relationship people make more of an effort!   But I doubt it's MUCH of a saving, and if you're romantic at home it wouldn't be any less fun.

I'm all for cheap dates anyway. I don't have much spare cash and I like to **** my way, so I'd do budget dates for £20

Dee

# 8  1/29/12 9:56 PM

Ask her for a photo
Woman, 33
United Kingdom
Wakefield
Casanova

Dee1970 wrote:

Miss_Lovely1 wrote:

Dee1970 wrote:

Dee

I think there would be "dating" savings because people just don't do it as often.  Lets face it, at the start of a relationship people make more of an effort!   But I doubt it's MUCH of a saving, and if you're romantic at home it wouldn't be any less fun.

I'm all for cheap dates anyway. I don't have much spare cash and I like to **** my way, so I'd do budget dates for £20

Dee

just enough so that you don't have to resort to maccy d's phew. I don't remember the last time I had a date never mind what the budget was!

# 9  1/29/12 9:58 PM

Ask her for a photo
Woman, 33
United Kingdom
Wakefield
Casanova

rosewine wrote:

Miss_Lovely1 wrote:

Dee1970 wrote:

Dee

Mmmmmm, let me see, yes it would be more expensive.

Theres the airflights, then the cost of chartering the yacht, then all the romatic dinners and wine and afters then the flight home.

yes but your a one off and special rosie. not sure everyone else gets such special treatment

# 10  1/29/12 10:01 PM

Ask her for a photo
Woman, 33
United Kingdom
Wakefield
Casanova

reds_daughter wrote:

Dee1970 wrote:

Miss_Lovely1 wrote:

Dee

I am with you.  95% of my dates have been under $20.  Many have been free less the cost of gas.

may I ask what you do on your dates

# 11  1/29/12 10:07 PM

Ask them for a photo VIP
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Casanova

Miss_Lovely1 wrote:

reds_daughter wrote:

Dee1970 wrote:

Dee

I am with you.  95% of my dates have been under $20.  Many have been free less the cost of gas.

First time I met Andrea I dragged her to a kite flying exhibition (it was disappointing) and we had coffee and cakes twice.  The next time we went to a museum - two for the price of one! Sarnie and tea.
Coffee and a chat.
One vodka and orange (I'd be driving) and lemonades, and a chat.
A walk.
Sometimes a meal (probably £10 plus drinks)
Cinema's probably the most expensive, and not one for a first date - you can't talk.

One of my friend's best first dates was seal watching off the coast.

The main thing for me is that you do something that allows you to get to know each other.  Talking is free.

Dee

# 12  1/29/12 10:14 PM

Ask her for a photo
Woman, 33
United Kingdom
Wakefield
Casanova

Dee1970 wrote:

Miss_Lovely1 wrote:

reds_daughter wrote:

First time I met Andrea I dragged her to a kite flying exhibition (it was disappointing) and we had coffee and cakes twice.  The next time we went to a museum - two for the price of one! Sarnie and tea.
Coffee and a chat.
One vodka and orange (I'd be driving) and lemonades, and a chat.
A walk.
Sometimes a meal (probably £10 plus drinks)
Cinema's probably the most expensive, and not one for a first date - you can't talk.

One of my friend's best first dates was seal watching off the coast.

The main thing for me is that you do something that allows you to get to know each other.  Talking is free.

Dee

wasnt asking you

but seeing as you offered up the info, erm I havent been around so who's andrea is she the new bud?

and have you given up canoodling

# 13  1/29/12 10:19 PM

Ask her for a photo
Woman, 33
United Kingdom
Wakefield
Casanova

reds_daughter wrote:

Miss_Lovely1 wrote:

reds_daughter wrote:

We would go hiking, biking, running, swimming, visit a museum, take in a free concert at in the park or one of the colleges, do volunteer work, go watch a local game.  There are lots of fun things to do.

see I wouldnt really do those things on a first date. maybe if it progressed. I do recall a **** date in leeds in one of the large parks. it was an ok date till he drove me home and kissed me that should have been a warning I still have the scars from the one and only time we had ****

I used to only meet for **** so the dates have been few and far between. the **** date was about the time I turned over my new leaf  and tried having proper dates about 4yrs ago ish. now I get neither as I am a prude

# 14  1/29/12 10:30 PM

mickey2012a This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 48
Australia
Kingsville
Sweet talker

reds_daughter wrote:

I agree I like to talk and get to know someone.  Some of the best dates I had were volunteering.  I had a date dog walking at a shelter and one putting a roof on a house.  They were free and the refreshments were provided.

You can walk my dogs for free any time you like, I'll even cook **** for ya...

# 15  1/29/12 10:30 PM

Ask them for a photo VIP
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Casanova

Miss_Lovely1 wrote:

wasnt asking you

but seeing as you offered up the info, erm I havent been around so who's andrea is she the new bud?

and have you given up canoodling

back atcha

Andrea is a forum newbie (CraziAndrea), and a good friend.  You could come to Newcastle and meet her - she's only been here five minutes and she's arranging a do!

Canoodling is what you do after you've got to know someone - and yes, I still canoodle  

Dee

# 16  1/29/12 10:32 PM

Ask them for a photo VIP
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Casanova

reds_daughter wrote:

I agree I like to talk and get to know someone.  Some of the best dates I had were volunteering.  I had a date dog walking at a shelter and one putting a roof on a house.  They were free and the refreshments were provided.

I like the idea of volunteering.  I hadn't thought of that one.

Dee

# 17  1/29/12 10:42 PM

Ask them for a photo VIP
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Casanova

reds_daughter wrote:

mickey2012a wrote:

reds_daughter wrote:

You can walk my dogs for free any time you like, I'll even cook **** for ya...

I can barely walk myself at the moment

You could get one of those trolleys postmen use, and rest your bump on it.  Then your date could help push it!

Dee

# 18  1/29/12 10:48 PM

Ask her for a photo
rosewine This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 53
United Kingdom
Inverness
Casanova

i am all for splitting costs, ask his Lordship BUT

could you turn down  a mans offer of a weekend in Paris, five star hotel and a meal at the best restrurant in the city? Come on girls be very truethful????

I couldnt or wouldnt

# 19  1/29/12 10:51 PM

Ask them for a photo VIP
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Casanova

rosewine wrote:

could you turn down  a mans offer of a weekend in Paris, five star hotel and a meal at the best restrurant in the city? Come on girls be very truethful????

I couldnt or wouldnt

No, I think I've said before that I feel it's sometimes churlish to refuse a gift/treat just to maintain your independence.  But if we're both on a similar income I'd rather do something I'm paying towards, or take turns paying.

Dee

# 20  1/29/12 10:55 PM

ScotsBird This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 45
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Flirt expert

rosewine wrote:

I couldnt or wouldnt

Hell no !

Board footer

18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
scamcheck

BeNaughty ranked #8 among all UK websites
in the Hitwise Lifestyle - Dating industry, based on
market share of visits in January - December 2011.