How to make a photo 'Friends only'

# 1  8/28/09 12:48 AM

Alexa40 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 45
United Kingdom
Bristol
Seduction guru

At the request of a couple of the newer members:

You upload your photos in the MY ACCOUNT section by clicking on my photos and Click here to upload photos.

Once they have uploaded you can choose your primary photo - this is the one that appears as your profile picture.

You can also check the Show to friends only box below each photo, this allows only your friends to see it. Thankfully its only the people you have chosen to add to your friends that see it, not the ones who have added you to their's (its not like Facebook, you have no control over who adds you as a friend)!

You can make someone a friend by going to their profile - either by searching for it or clicking on it when it appears in messages or the forum etc - and clicking on the Add to Friends button.

boredbob has also offered this advice, but I can't comment on it myself as I haven't come across the issue:
    "found the friends only thing only works with 2 or more pictures upload two select friends only on second one and delete first picture hope it works for you ****"

A xx

# 2  8/28/09 1:01 AM

Ask her for a photo
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask her to upload a photo
BettyRizzo This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 49
United Kingdom
North End
Needs a spanking

Alexa40 wrote:

You upload your photos in the MY ACCOUNT section by clicking on my photos and Click here to upload photos.

Once they have uploaded you can choose your primary photo - this is the one that appears as your profile picture.

You can also check the Show to friends only box below each photo, this allows only your friends to see it. Thankfully its only the people you have chosen to add to your friends that see it, not the ones who have added you to their's (its not like Facebook, you have no control over who adds you as a friend)!

You can make someone a friend by going to their profile - either by searching for it or clicking on it when it appears in messages or the forum etc - and clicking on the Add to Friends button.

boredbob has also offered this advice, but I can't comment on it myself as I haven't come across the issue:
    "found the friends only thing only works with 2 or more pictures upload two select friends only on second one and delete first picture hope it works for you ****"

A xx

Thanks Alexa for such clear instructions which I will try to follow to the letter. Like BoredBob the only time I have truely become friend only is by playing around and deleting the first pic I have upload.

# 3  8/28/09 1:10 AM

boredbob This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 42
United Kingdom
Doncaster
Naughty newbie

just had another look see and it wont let you make your primary picture friends only for some reason

# 4  8/28/09 1:55 AM

cheekysmile4 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 36
United Kingdom
Leicester
THE CONNOISSEUR

boredbob wrote:

just had another look see and it wont let you make your primary picture friends only for some reason

Indeed it doesn't

Select another pic as your profile pic and the one you originally want will now be available for friends only. Change the setting then put it back as your main pic.

Hey presto it should work!

# 5  8/28/09 2:10 AM

Martix This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 44
United Kingdom
Pitreavie Castle
Wicked charmer

boredbob wrote:

I am trying desperately to not laugh at this comment.

But I'll give you a clue, the website updates pretty fast.  So your prime pic should be the pic you want the world to see.  Then upload your next pics and set them to friends only.  IF you want to switch your primary you can do that, but if it was set as a friends only and your set it to primary, it'll no longer be friends only.

Seriously, guys...Picnic.

# 6  8/28/09 10:15 AM

BN_forum_moderator This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 43
Australia

Been Naughtiest

Alexa40,

Thanks for this helpful post. I made it a sticky topic in Help section to make it more noticeable.

Respectfully,
BN_forum_moderator

# 7  8/29/09 7:43 AM

Ask him for a photo
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask him to upload a photo
Needhuggs This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 23
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Naughty newbie

Tried the suggested method earlier this week...worked OK, but think things have changed.

Somewhere I remember seeing in the 'rules' that to have a 'friend only' pic you must  have a 'main' pic displayed. So try to have an unidentifiable pic as your 'main' and anyone you want as your 'friends only. But please be aware that BN can and may modify your main photo to their liking not necessarily yours.

# 8  9/6/09 8:17 PM

Ask him for a photo
iwanaliku This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 48
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Naughty newbie

does anyone know of a way to delete photos from your profile because i can't seem to find away to do so?

# 9  1/18/12 8:10 AM

holdmeclose2you4 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 40
Australia
Vaucluse
Naughty newbie

Anyone care to add instructions for "Secret" photos here?

I have a feeling my account got "confused" a long time ago when I let my membership lapse, and I can no longer find any option to make photos "secret" - although I still have a profile setting, to enable/disable showing secret photos to everyone. And I see many others with locked "secret" photos, some friends only, some visible...possibly on request, possibly only if the user approves the request.

Regards,
Paul

# 10  1/18/12 11:28 AM

RitchieRich44 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 50
United Kingdom
Cambridge
**** expert

holdmeclose2you4 wrote:

Anyone care to add instructions for "Secret" photos here?

I have a feeling my account got "confused" a long time ago when I let my membership lapse, and I can no longer find any option to make photos "secret" - although I still have a profile setting, to enable/disable showing secret photos to everyone. And I see many others with locked "secret" photos, some friends only, some visible...possibly on request, possibly only if the user approves the request.

Regards,
Paul

If you mean the pictures which show as padlocks, they are 'locked' by the site, not by the member. I think it's done by **** and doesn't allow so-called naughty pictures to be shown on the open forum unless requested.

In summary:
You upload pictures to the site (maximum of 20). One of these must be the 'primary picture' and is what is shown by your posts on here and on your profile. You may choose to make any or all of the others 'friends only', in which case they are only viewable by people YOU have designated as a friend. Any pics that are not 'friends only' are viewable by abybody who goes to your profile.
The site 'rates' pics according to undisclosed criteria. **** shots/**** shots are 'locked' by the site. You have no control over this, however you can go to your account page and choose whether you are asked when someone wants to look at them, or they are automatically unlocked when requested.
It being Willy Wednesday, my current profile pic is a **** shot, which is never friends only anyway. It will show as a pink padlock, however, if you request it to be unlocked it will do so, and because I have it on automatic, I will not be informed of the request.

# 11  1/18/12 10:40 PM

bak2basics This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 51
United Kingdom
Pleasley Vale
Such a tease

Alexa40 wrote:

A xx

TWANG.....
Soz **** i just couldn't resist ,nice eyes by the way

# 12  1/25/13 9:36 PM

luckyknight79 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 34
United Kingdom
Willenhall
Naughty newbie

How do I know if one of my pictures is 'private' (requestable). I have to guess whatever **** is in use it will hide it!!

# 13  1/25/13 10:31 PM

DD_67 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 47
Ireland
Love expert

luckyknight79 wrote:

How do I know if one of my pictures is 'private' (requestable). I have to guess whatever **** is in use it will hide it!!

The site locks the 'naughty' pics, so any of your **** etc will be automatically marked 'private'.  How you have your settings for private/secret photos dictates who gets to see them. If you want everyone to be able to view them without you having to manually allow them to, you need to enable 'show secret photos to all'.  If you want to choose who can see them, set it to 'disabled'.  If you want to keep them really private and only for your friends, then mark them 'for friends only'.  Hope that helps

# 14  3/24/14 1:29 PM

Ask him for a photo
bigu2 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 46
United States
Salinas
Naughty newbie

Question: I know that a red light in the profile pic means 'off-line' and a green light means "on-line", but what does it mean when there is no light in the pic on a member?

# 15  3/24/14 3:11 PM

site_mod This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 34
United States
Houston
Such a tease

bigu2 wrote:

Question: I know that a red light in the profile pic means 'off-line' and a green light means "on-line", but what does it mean when there is no light in the pic on a member?

HEY!

When the light does not show, it means that the member has not been online for more than 24 hours.

Regards,

Board footer

18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
scamcheck

BeNaughty ranked #8 among all UK websites
in the Hitwise Lifestyle - Dating industry, based on
market share of visits in January - December 2011.