Eastenders

# 1  6/14/13 10:27 PM

DD_67 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 47
Ireland
Love expert

This is a programme i used to watch, and got bored with it, but i have started watching it now and again because my **** do.

There is a very disturbing storyline running on it at the minute about the young girl with the drinking problem.  I am finding it very hard to watch, because it shows how hard it can be, not just for the person with the problem, but for everyone who cares about them.

Is anyone watching, and what do you think of how they're handling the story?

# 2  6/14/13 10:33 PM

Ask her for a photo
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask her to upload a photo
Miss_Lovely1 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 33
United Kingdom
Wakefield
Casanova

I think they are handling it quite well. When it first started I don't think they handled it well then they dropped it and have built it up again. It does happen when you have outside stresses. It will be interesting to see the outcome of the storyline.  I think that ppl think that youngsters cannot be alcoholics and its just a phase of being young but it's not. 

Lets hope it doesn't turn into a story with the climax of Tanya leaving and then her alcoholism forgotten

# 3  6/14/13 10:36 PM

ruby126228 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 56
United Kingdom
St Albans
Casanova

my **** is 19 and drinks like a fish ...   he has been taken to hospital by ambulance before so I will watch with interest ... unfortunately he thinks his only problem is financing his booze

# 4  6/14/13 10:37 PM

Woman, 47
Ireland
Love expert

It is just so sad.  It makes me feel really bad, and my **** sit and laugh at me.  I think they're handling it well too, and that young lady is playing a blinder

# 5  6/14/13 10:41 PM

Ask her for a photo
Woman, 33
United Kingdom
Wakefield
Casanova

ruby126228 wrote:

my **** is 19 and drinks like a fish ...   he has been taken to hospital by ambulance before so I will watch with interest ... unfortunately he thinks his only problem is financing his booze

I can drink like a fish and did at that age it doesn't necessarily make u an alcoholic. Sometimes it is just a phase of your ages sometimes its not. It tends to be the norm when ur of student age.

# 6  6/14/13 10:44 PM

Ask her for a photo
Woman, 33
United Kingdom
Wakefield
Casanova

DD_67 wrote:

It is just so sad.  It makes me feel really bad, and my **** sit and laugh at me.  I think they're handling it well too, and that young lady is playing a blinder

She is, they all are, I actually identified with her and her **** and they def picked the right character I for one can't imagine Lucy, Whitneyalice or poppy being in that predicament

# 7  6/14/13 10:44 PM

Woman, 56
United Kingdom
St Albans
Casanova

Miss_Lovely1 wrote:

ruby126228 wrote:

I can drink like a fish and did at that age it doesn't necessarily make u an alcoholic. Sometimes it is just a phase of your ages sometimes its not. It tends to be the norm when ur of student age.

I don't think so ... he sees a shrink who diagnosed depression    my sis don't see it as a problem though

# 8  6/14/13 11:16 PM

poke_your_eyes_out This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 30
United Kingdom
Rugby
THE CONNOISSEUR

They certainly look like they're going to keep it going until something really bad happens to her which is the best thing to do to show how bad a problem alcoholism is.

Plus she's hot so I like watching it atm even though she looks rough with all the drinking

# 9  6/15/13 9:18 AM

Woman, 47
Ireland
Love expert

I'm just amazed that no one realised before now how bad her problem is.

# 10  6/15/13 9:23 AM

TalentedAngel This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 49
Australia
Adelaide
Casanova

I'm not into soaps, I think if I watched it I would end up an alcoholic.

# 11  6/15/13 11:51 AM

Woman, 56
United Kingdom
St Albans
Casanova

I did read a spoiler today  .. I wont ruin it for everyone but it takes a dangerous turn

# 12  6/15/13 1:02 PM

N_Owl This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 47
United Kingdom
Altrincham
Wicked charmer

Miss_Lovely1 wrote:

I think they are handling it quite well. When it first started I don't think they handled it well then they dropped it and have built it up again. It does happen when you have outside stresses. It will be interesting to see the outcome of the storyline.  I think that ppl think that youngsters cannot be alcoholics and its just a phase of being young but it's not. 

Lets hope it doesn't turn into a story with the climax of Tanya leaving and then her alcoholism forgotten

Not watched this, but at least they are trying to highlight the issue. As for the story being forgotton when it finishes, sorry to say but alcoholism is ALWAYS forgotten Everyone always thinks 'oh it their own fault, so they can do something about it.   

Strange but the same argument can be used with any drug, and most of them have some form of treatment or help available - not alcohol.  Like it or lump it, it is one of the most adictive drugs on the market and it is legal and makes a vast amount of money for the producers and the government so no-one is remotely interested in doing anything about the addictition - hell it makes far toooooooo much money.

The only time anyone really gives a monkey is when the sufferer is ****, and even then they are still blaiming the victim.

The trouble is that it is soo easy to end up addicted and there is very **** to stop anyone of us ending up there, with no help, support, or sympathy - why should there be after all it is our own fault isn't it, yeah right!

Sorry for the rant but having watched someone die from internal bleading due to the effect of an addiction to alcohol (with no help from anyone, except for ****), this is one of the subject that I feel very strongly about.

At least beastybenders is attemptihg to highlight the issue, for a short while.

Owl

# 13  6/15/13 1:06 PM

Woman, 56
United Kingdom
St Albans
Casanova

my **** husband had a bypass problem  ...  he couldn't bypass a pub without going in ..   left him there in the end
drink can destroy lives

# 14  6/15/13 11:49 PM

Ask him for a photo
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask him to upload a photo
pitbull12329 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 23
United Kingdom
Leicester
Right goer

Huge Eastenders fan . . And think Jacqueline Jossa is an amazing actress . .Shes doing great

# 15  6/25/13 7:26 PM

Woman, 56
United Kingdom
St Albans
Casanova

didn't Jacqueline Jossa  play a blinder last night?

# 16  6/25/13 7:31 PM

Ask him for a photo
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask him to upload a photo
pitbull12329 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 23
United Kingdom
Leicester
Right goer

ruby126228 wrote:

Speaking as somebody whose seen real life version.  .Yeah she had it spot on . . Shes an amazing actress . . The whole branning clan are

# 17  6/25/13 7:34 PM

Woman, 56
United Kingdom
St Albans
Casanova

pitbull12329 wrote:

ruby126228 wrote:

Speaking as somebody whose seen real life version.  .Yeah she had it spot on . . Shes an amazing actress . . The whole branning clan are

yep shame Tanya going       laurens  make up was also amazing

Board footer

18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
scamcheck

BeNaughty ranked #8 among all UK websites
in the Hitwise Lifestyle - Dating industry, based on
market share of visits in January - December 2011.