Sign up or log in to view the hidden content

Dont be Naive .....

# 21  12/18/11 6:31 PM

Posts: 9237
aries51 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 56
United Kingdom
****
Right goer

Waywardprinz wrote:

I think it is somewhat naive to give personal details, and the personal details of others, to what amounts to a complete stranger - you don't really know them after all.

It's 'naive' because once you've been burned you won't do it again, and I'd advise anyone here not to do it.

I understand the whole thing of getting **** up in the moment and wanting to share things.  But you can share your general predicament without giving the details.

Always best to play safe

Thank goodness for some common sense  ............ seriously ,what would happen if the woman concerned turned up at his house with his wife and **** there  ?     

# 22  12/18/11 6:36 PM

Posts: 9237
aries51 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 56
United Kingdom
****
Right goer

neofni wrote:

Its a case of semantics, I wouldnt call the guy you were talking to NAIVE I would call him stupid.

And I have to agree with Miss L you have to give out personal info if you are going to meet. How much is too much well it depends on how much you can trust the person you are meeting.
There are people on here who have my full name, address, phone, email ect....and there are people on here I dont want to know my name.

As for telling someone not to post on YOUR thread Aries PMSL. You dont OWN it you posted it on a PUBLIC forum ASKING for replies.

No ,you DONT have to give out personal info   .........  you dont give your shoe size etc  ,you tell people what YOU want them to know   .,and that doesnt mean leaving yourself **** open to blackmail or anything else sleazy that comes along with sites like this   ,its not rocket science its   common sense  ffs     , 

# 23  12/18/11 6:46 PM

Posts: 9237
aries51 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 56
United Kingdom
****
Right goer

HotWife40 wrote:

Thank you Aries for teaching us....

Your welcome  HW   ,im sure  its tongue in cheek    though   

# 24  12/18/11 6:56 PM

Posts: 9237
aries51 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 56
United Kingdom
****
Right goer

HotWife40 wrote:

aries51 wrote:

HotWife40 wrote:

Thank you Aries for teaching us....

Your welcome  HW   ,im sure  its tongue in cheek    though   

It was! I am glad you are careful and take care of yourself ****

I do hunny  ,i dont want to hurt anyone  unnecessarily  , its pointless   ,hope you have a great christmas   

# 25  1/5/12 12:44 PM

Posts: 9237
aries51 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 56
United Kingdom
****
Right goer

I ve resurrected  this because I was reading a magazine last night that gave some facts and fugures 

Apparently   there  are over 200,  000  victims a year   ,but lots go unreported  because  they are embarrassed  to admit they have been taken  in by a fake   profile   ,and over a third that were reported   had lost over  £ 5000     ........  this is naevity  from another angle   .

# 26  1/5/12 3:17 PM

Ask him for a photo
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask him to upload a photo
Posts: 9135
pitbull12329 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 23
United Kingdom
Leicester
Right goer

aries51 wrote:

I ve resurrected  this because I was reading a magazine last night that gave some facts and fugures 

Apparently   there  are over 200,  000  victims a year   ,but lots go unreported  because  they are embarrassed  to admit they have been taken  in by a fake   profile   ,and over a third that were reported   had lost over  £ 5000     ........  this is naevity  from another angle   .

Seems there are alot of divvies in the world then
Serves them right

# 27  1/5/12 3:54 PM

Posts: 550
YourLastResort This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 44
United Kingdom
London
Sweet talker

pitbull12329 wrote:

aries51 wrote:

I ve resurrected  this because I was reading a magazine last night that gave some facts and fugures 

Apparently   there  are over 200,  000  victims a year   ,but lots go unreported  because  they are embarrassed  to admit they have been taken  in by a fake   profile   ,and over a third that were reported   had lost over  £ 5000     ........  this is naevity  from another angle   .

Seems there are alot of divvies in the world then
Serves them right

Oh dear, you have my sympathy. Not because of the rebuke that you're likely to provoke on here, but because of the nasty shock that life is going to hurl your way when you're not expecting it. You clearly believe that you're well above and beyond being taken for a ride. Good luck.

# 28  1/5/12 4:09 PM

Posts: 5473
karsic_karl This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 53
United Kingdom
Sandiacre
Been Naughtiest

YourLastResort wrote:

pitbull12329 wrote:

aries51 wrote:

I ve resurrected  this because I was reading a magazine last night that gave some facts and fugures 

Apparently   there  are over 200,  000  victims a year   ,but lots go unreported  because  they are embarrassed  to admit they have been taken  in by a fake   profile   ,and over a third that were reported   had lost over  £ 5000     ........  this is naevity  from another angle   .

Seems there are alot of divvies in the world then
Serves them right

Oh dear, you have my sympathy. Not because of the rebuke that you're likely to provoke on here, but because of the nasty shock that life is going to hurl your way when you're not expecting it. You clearly believe that you're well above and beyond being taken for a ride. Good luck.

It is one of those conundrums.
When to trust and how much?

When thinking of giving away information about myself on places like this, I try to think how much information I would give to a complete stranger in a pub. Not very much at all.

# 29  1/5/12 6:55 PM

Ask him for a photo
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask him to upload a photo
Posts: 9135
pitbull12329 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 23
United Kingdom
Leicester
Right goer

YourLastResort wrote:

pitbull12329 wrote:

aries51 wrote:

I ve resurrected  this because I was reading a magazine last night that gave some facts and fugures 

Apparently   there  are over 200,  000  victims a year   ,but lots go unreported  because  they are embarrassed  to admit they have been taken  in by a fake   profile   ,and over a third that were reported   had lost over  £ 5000     ........  this is naevity  from another angle   .

Seems there are alot of divvies in the world then
Serves them right

Oh dear, you have my sympathy. Not because of the rebuke that you're likely to provoke on here, but because of the nasty shock that life is going to hurl your way when you're not expecting it. You clearly believe that you're well above and beyond being taken for a ride. Good luck.

Not me  . . . Had enough nasty shocks . . . But never been taken for a ride and never will be . . . Yep i am above it . . Wont happen to me EVER . .Mugs get taken for a ride like those people .  .I most certainly am not a mug   . .But thankyou for your concern

# 30  1/5/12 9:14 PM

Posts: 23106
ambrosia69 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 56
United Kingdom
Hereford
Dating expert

karsic_karl wrote:

YourLastResort wrote:

pitbull12329 wrote:


Seems there are alot of divvies in the world then
Serves them right

Oh dear, you have my sympathy. Not because of the rebuke that you're likely to provoke on here, but because of the nasty shock that life is going to hurl your way when you're not expecting it. You clearly believe that you're well above and beyond being taken for a ride. Good luck.

It is one of those conundrums.
When to trust and how much?

When thinking of giving away information about myself on places like this, I try to think how much information I would give to a complete stranger in a pub. Not very much at all.


good rule of thumb

# 31  1/6/12 4:00 PM

Posts: 5473
karsic_karl This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Man, 53
United Kingdom
Sandiacre
Been Naughtiest

neofni wrote:

aries51 wrote:

neofni wrote:

Its a case of semantics, I wouldnt call the guy you were talking to NAIVE I would call him stupid.

And I have to agree with Miss L you have to give out personal info if you are going to meet. How much is too much well it depends on how much you can trust the person you are meeting.
There are people on here who have my full name, address, phone, email ect....and there are people on here I dont want to know my name.

As for telling someone not to post on YOUR thread Aries PMSL. You dont OWN it you posted it on a PUBLIC forum ASKING for replies.

No ,you DONT have to give out personal info   .........  you dont give your shoe size etc  ,you tell people what YOU want them to know   .,and that doesnt mean leaving yourself **** open to blackmail or anything else sleazy that comes along with sites like this   ,its not rocket science its   common sense  ffs     , 

Really? no personal info when you MEET someone? Like your f'ing name. When you met with Met was there any info (personal) needed to actually meet? Or do just say here, meet me here and call me Aries? I sincerely doubt it.

I think Aries was making the point that you don't HAVE to give out information, which is fair enough.
Asking someone to clarify what information they gave to someone else is a bit personal and a bit adversarial.

# 32  1/6/12 4:29 PM

Posts: 32591
DD_67 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 47
Ireland
****
Love expert

WWayne246 wrote:

I would have to be very familiar with someone to give out my detail information online.  I have learned to be cautious after my FB account was **** and pictures and details compromised.  Finally closed it and have not been back.  Thats why I don't care to even put face shots out on line.  Because we are also niave to think anything posted online is "safe".

It's something that shocked me when i first realised that anything that has been put on the internet is there for all eternity, to those who know how to find it.  I have no problem giving out some info, to people i have come to trust, but i do think that having been here for as long as i am, i have learned not to trust as quickly as i did when i joined first.

# 33  1/6/12 6:34 PM

Posts: 9237
aries51 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 56
United Kingdom
****
Right goer

neofni wrote:

aries51 wrote:

neofni wrote:

Its a case of semantics, I wouldnt call the guy you were talking to NAIVE I would call him stupid.

And I have to agree with Miss L you have to give out personal info if you are going to meet. How much is too much well it depends on how much you can trust the person you are meeting.
There are people on here who have my full name, address, phone, email ect....and there are people on here I dont want to know my name.

As for telling someone not to post on YOUR thread Aries PMSL. You dont OWN it you posted it on a PUBLIC forum ASKING for replies.

No ,you DONT have to give out personal info   .........  you dont give your shoe size etc  ,you tell people what YOU want them to know   .,and that doesnt mean leaving yourself **** open to blackmail or anything else sleazy that comes along with sites like this   ,its not rocket science its   common sense  ffs     , 

Really? no personal info when you MEET someone? Like your f'ing name. When you met with Met was there any info (personal) needed to actually meet? Or do just say here, meet me here and call me Aries? I sincerely doubt it.

What is your problem Neo  ?  whats the swearing for  ?   .   The issue is how far you can trust someone   .Fortunately  Met and I had chatted for long enough  to swap names   , and certain information   .  I trust  him  ,and I like to think we have a mutual respect   as friends  .Thats not  unreasonable    surely   

# 34  1/6/12 8:23 PM

Ask them for a photo VIP
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask them to upload a photo
Posts: 22280
Dee1970 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Couple (man and woman), 84
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Casanova

neofni wrote:

aries51 wrote:

neofni wrote:

Its a case of semantics, I wouldnt call the guy you were talking to NAIVE I would call him stupid.

And I have to agree with Miss L you have to give out personal info if you are going to meet. How much is too much well it depends on how much you can trust the person you are meeting.
There are people on here who have my full name, address, phone, email ect....and there are people on here I dont want to know my name.

As for telling someone not to post on YOUR thread Aries PMSL. You dont OWN it you posted it on a PUBLIC forum ASKING for replies.

No ,you DONT have to give out personal info   .........  you dont give your shoe size etc  ,you tell people what YOU want them to know   .,and that doesnt mean leaving yourself **** open to blackmail or anything else sleazy that comes along with sites like this   ,its not rocket science its   common sense  ffs     , 

Really? no personal info when you MEET someone? Like your f'ing name. When you met with Met was there any info (personal) needed to actually meet? Or do just say here, meet me here and call me Aries? I sincerely doubt it.

When I first meet people they generally have my first name, which is only the nickname I go by in real life, no surname, and only a vague idea of the locality where I live and what I do for a living.  The email address and mobile numbers I use can both be ditched if need be.

Even though I am very cautious in some respects I still think I've given enough away to be traced by someone who is determined.

Dee

# 35  1/6/12 10:47 PM

Posts: 9237
aries51 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 56
United Kingdom
****
Right goer

neofni wrote:

aries51 wrote:

neofni wrote:


Really? no personal info when you MEET someone? Like your f'ing name. When you met with Met was there any info (personal) needed to actually meet? Or do just say here, meet me here and call me Aries? I sincerely doubt it.

What is your problem Neo  ?  whats the swearing for  ?   .   The issue is how far you can trust someone   .Fortunately  Met and I had chatted for long enough  to swap names   , and certain information   .  I trust  him  ,and I like to think we have a mutual respect   as friends  .Thats not  unreasonable    surely   

I dont have a problem, you can say FFS but I cant use f'ing? And no matter how long you have gotten to know someone online and have mutual respect you A) had to trust and gave out some personal information. MY only point being that you have to give out some degree of personal information and I think you are doing other forumites a disservice in saying that NO personal information is needed.  Most who have gone on a meet will know better but can you imagine people trying to arrange meets with ZERO personal information because they believe it can be successfully done?



If someone is just after a **** ,they dnt care whether your Tom ,**** or Harry   .............  its all to do with circumstance  .if someone is married   ,happily with 4 **** they are going to want more discretion than someone  who has no responsibilities and is  unattached  , is that not  obvious ,or am I being thick ? 

# 36  1/6/12 11:13 PM

Ask her for a photo
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask her to upload a photo
Posts: 14386
Miss_Lovely1 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 33
United Kingdom
Wakefield
Casanova

aries51 wrote:

neofni wrote:

aries51 wrote:


What is your problem Neo  ?  whats the swearing for  ?   .   The issue is how far you can trust someone   .Fortunately  Met and I had chatted for long enough  to swap names   , and certain information   .  I trust  him  ,and I like to think we have a mutual respect   as friends  .Thats not  unreasonable    surely   

I dont have a problem, you can say FFS but I cant use f'ing? And no matter how long you have gotten to know someone online and have mutual respect you A) had to trust and gave out some personal information. MY only point being that you have to give out some degree of personal information and I think you are doing other forumites a disservice in saying that NO personal information is needed.  Most who have gone on a meet will know better but can you imagine people trying to arrange meets with ZERO personal information because they believe it can be successfully done?



If someone is just after a **** ,they dnt care whether your Tom ,**** or Harry   .............  its all to do with circumstance  .if someone is married   ,happily with 4 **** they are going to want more discretion than someone  who has no responsibilities and is  unattached  , is that not  obvious ,or am I being thick ? 

you are being thick No one is saying you have to give out your address and details to all and sundry I certainly wouldnt recommend it. If just chatting online then yes giving limited personal info is a good idea. BUT you already said he was meeting her sorry but if you dont tell someone about your life how on earth do you expect to make a personal connection.  Just because you tell someone personal things does not mean you are not being discreet. I would possibly look up the definition in a dictionary.

I am sure when you met  Met and others you have given them personal info you said as much above. the level of info you give is dependant on the situation, I wouldnt give so much as my telephone number to someone I am chatting to online and its going to go no further. If I meet he gets my tel no. If I start having a relationship then he will get to know about me and my life, where I live etc because thats normal!!  . I wouldnt however give him access to my bank account or credit card details even if  we ended up married ( I might persuade him to give me his tho ... slippers slipppers and more slippers )


Miss Lovely going back to oblivion again

# 37  1/6/12 11:22 PM

Posts: 9237
aries51 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 56
United Kingdom
****
Right goer

Miss_Lovely1 wrote:

aries51 wrote:

neofni wrote:


I dont have a problem, you can say FFS but I cant use f'ing? And no matter how long you have gotten to know someone online and have mutual respect you A) had to trust and gave out some personal information. MY only point being that you have to give out some degree of personal information and I think you are doing other forumites a disservice in saying that NO personal information is needed.  Most who have gone on a meet will know better but can you imagine people trying to arrange meets with ZERO personal information because they believe it can be successfully done?



If someone is just after a **** ,they dnt care whether your Tom ,**** or Harry   .............  its all to do with circumstance  .if someone is married   ,happily with 4 **** they are going to want more discretion than someone  who has no responsibilities and is  unattached  , is that not  obvious ,or am I being thick ? 

you are being thick No one is saying you have to give out your address and details to all and sundry I certainly wouldnt recommend it. If just chatting online then yes giving limited personal info is a good idea. BUT you already said he was meeting her sorry but if you dont tell someone about your life how on earth do you expect to make a personal connection.  Just because you tell someone personal things does not mean you are not being discreet. I would possibly look up the definition in a dictionary.

I am sure when you met  Met and others you have given them personal info you said as much above. the level of info you give is dependant on the situation, I wouldnt give so much as my telephone number to someone I am chatting to online and its going to go no further. If I meet he gets my tel no. If I start having a relationship then he will get to know about me and my life, where I live etc because thats normal!!  . I wouldnt however give him access to my bank account or credit card details even if  we ended up married ( I might persuade him to give me his tho ... slippers slipppers and more slippers )


Miss Lovely going back to oblivion again

No ,im not thick hunny    ..............  ,  I   recognise  a personal issue here    ,  and its been mentioned on this thread already   ,but carry on    ,im not arguing   ,no point when I know im right     

# 38  1/6/12 11:24 PM

Ask them for a photo VIP
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask them to upload a photo
Posts: 22280
Dee1970 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Couple (man and woman), 84
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Casanova

It seems to me that everyone is saying almost the same thing, just with a different perspective.  Seems daft to argue when you're so close to agreeing with each other.


Dee

# 39  1/6/12 11:39 PM

Ask them for a photo VIP
This member doesn't have a photo, click to ask them to upload a photo
Posts: 22280
Dee1970 This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Couple (man and woman), 84
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Casanova

aries51 wrote:

Dee1970 wrote:

It seems to me that everyone is saying almost the same thing, just with a different perspective.  Seems daft to argue when you're so close to agreeing with each other.


Dee

I ve said Im not arguing    ,but   Im  fully aware when someone is trying to provoke  me  into a row   ,  it wont be the first time 

I'm not talking about a slanging match. I'm talking about splitting hairs on the topic under debate. One side saying you have to tell people something about yourself to make a connection, but not enough to put yourself at risk. The other saying you don't give details away that can put you at risk, but you talk when you make a connection and can trust someone.  Same difference surely?

Dee

# 40  1/6/12 11:48 PM

Posts: 11001
bustymalone This member uses the Web version of BeNaughty
Woman, 55
United Kingdom
Dartford
Thoroughly indecent

I think it depends on the rapport you have with a person to how much you are going to tell them...there are some who I tell more than others...I have met people who still only know me as "busty" and there are  others who know my name, address, job, the lot   luckily I got nowt to hide so to be blackmailed would no problem, in fact it would brighten up my day somewhat...saying that, I can understand people who like their private life to be just that,  and appreciate and respect their wishes

Board footer

18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
scamcheck

BeNaughty ranked #8 among all UK websites
in the Hitwise Lifestyle - Dating industry, based on
market share of visits in January - December 2011.